Ch. 19

I laid in my sleeping bag staring up at the top of the tent. It was hard to sleep on the ground. And it was harder knowing a beautiful girl was sleeping two feet away from you. I turned on my side staring at the side of the tent. I closed my eyes trying to sleep.

"Lauren." I heard someone whisper.

"Hmm."

"Lauren." I made out that Camila was the one whispering.

"What?" I whispered back. I sat up a little to see Camila laying on her back with her eyes opened looking back at me.

"I can't sleep." She whispered out. I unzipped the entrance of the tent and got out. Camila got out as well.

"Wanna go for a walk?" I asked.

"Your not exactly the best at finding your way back." She said chuckling. I giggled and walked over to our car.

I waved at Camila to join me since she was still standing in the same spot. Our car was out to the side leaving space between the camp. I sat up on the hood and leaned back against the window. I watched Camila do the same. We both looked up at the sky seeing only a few stars.

"It's funny how our mom's want us to be friends." I said breaking the silence.

"I know. If they only knew" She said. I was able to here hear smiling.

We feel into silence again.

"I don't...I don't want you to feel bad for me for what happened in middle school."

"I don't....Is that why you hide?" She staid quiet.

"Yeah." She said quietly.

"I was bullied because I always wore a tee shirt and jeans and I was always quiet. I had to wear glasses so that made it worst, then they started calling me a geek. I was never good at making friends. So I never had any, then they started calling me loser." I looked over at her and saw here searching the sky.

"When I was about to start high school, I wanted to go somewhere where I didn't know anybody. Where no one knew who I was. My freshman year I had one friend. She came out as bi and instantly got friends. Since we were always together people thought I was bi too. I said I wasn't. Then they said I was lesbian because I never talked to guys, I was always with girls. So I just went with it. I thought, If my friend made friends because she was bi then I could make friends as a lesbian too, but then she left. The summer of Sophomore year, everybody was talking about the vacations they took. I stayed home that summer because we didn't have money to go out. I told people I went on a cruise. They instantly thought I was rich, so I just went with it too. I changed my style to look more 'high classish'. My mom bought me some nice clothes hoping to change the regular tee shirt and jeans, I said I didn't like them but I hid them in my closet. I carry them in my bag to change at school. People asked if I was really a lesbian because they never saw me with an actual girl. I didn't want to be with a girl, so I just began flirting. It felt so sick seeing how far I had to go to have friends. They aren't even my friends, they spend more time trying to get at me and finding out about vacations and how to get in on it on my plans."

"Wow." I said speechless.

"Then you came......and ruined everything." I sat quickly to look down at her confused.

"How did I ruin everything?" She sat up as well.

"If it wasn't for your stupid car braking down you would have never found out."

"Well sorry, I didn't plan for that to happen." She sighed and laid back down.

"So your just going to continue lying?" I asked looking up at the sky.

"Just till we graduate." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"That's still months away."

"I've been doing this for years...I can handle a few months."

"So how long are we going to pretend to go out for?"

"Uhhh I was thinking about two three months."

"What? Two three months?" I sat up again.

"Yeah...wait." She started murmuring to herself looking around.

"If we last two months then it'll be November. But if we last three we would make it to December which is Christmas and New Years. How about till January?" She casually asked.

"Four months? Camila I can't just go pretending to be your girlfriend for four months. I want to date other people too." She sat up with her mouth opened.

"Are you breaking up with me already?" She asked faking she was surprised.

"Camila, I'm serious." I pleaded. She sighed out.

"Look just four months. Once that's done you could go and fuck anybody you want."

"Camila you don't understand. There's multiple times throughout the month where I need to...you know. And if I'm dating you I wont be able to get.....that from other girls."

"Lauren...there's girls begging to be with you."

"Camila those are the sluts. They beg for everybody."

"Well what do you want? I wont give you...that"

"Eww no."

"Then your just gunna have to wait" I sighed out and laid down with Camila doing the same.

"I am sacrificing a lot for a girl whose not even..."

"Lauren I all ready told you. I'm not lesbian......Look if your getting feeling then we shouldn't do this."

"I don't want to do this."

"Because you have feelings."

"No. I don't"

"Yeah you do. I'm not blind. At first I thought I was seeing things but now I'm sure of it." I quickly sat up again.

"And how are you so sure?"

" 'Accidentally' bumping into my butt Lauren?" She said sitting up and doing air quotes.

"That was an accident. What about you, hugging me, whispering in my ear, kissing my cheek."

"I was scared and I was being nice."

"Well you have a weird way of being nice" She laid back down glaring at the sky with her arms crossed.

"I don't have feelings for you." She said in a sassy tone. I swung my legs off the hood siting at the edge with my back to Camila.

"Well I do."