“You know, you look really good in this skirt.” Isis’ breath caught in her throat as he slowly started to slide the material down. “But I think it’d look so much better on my floor.”

Isis let out a short, breathless laugh as he pulled the skirt off completely. “I can’t believe you just used that line.”

For a moment she was able to forget how self-conscious she was and the fact that she was supposed to hate Calum; that was until his eyes ran down her body, his hands following not long after. Feeling particularly bold she caught hold of his hand and stopped it from moving anymore. Calum looked up at her, his eyebrows raised with a silent question.

“This hardly seems fair.” She told him, running a finger down his still-covered chest. “I mean you’ve still got all your clothes on.”

“If you wanted me to take my clothes off you should have said something baby.” He winked standing up and yanking his shirt off in one fluid motion. That grace was lost as he had to wriggle out of his ridiculously tight jeans, the frustration was evident on his face and it made her smile.

When he finally got them off he crawled back onto the bed with a triumphant grin on his face and Isis wanted to roll her eyes because of course this idiot would think it was an accomplishment to manage to get his pants off.  The look of triumph was soon replaced with one of shocked admiration as Isis managed to push him down and straddle him.

She ran her hands across his chest and down his toned stomach. Her touch was feather-light but it was still enough to make Calum drop his head back onto the bed and squeeze his eyes shut. Something as simple as her fingers running over his skin shouldn’t have made him feel the way he did and he realised that but there wasn’t anything he could do to stop it.

Isis traced over the tattoos that were inked into his skin, each of them so vastly different from the last. She wondered for a moment which was his real tattoo, which of the marks was the work of the SoulMates system and which ones did he choose for himself. She was drawn away from her thoughts when she felt him pressing against her. Her eyes dropped to the boxers he was wearing where she could see his bulge straining against the thin material.

Calum gripped her face and pulled her lips back to his, wanting to kiss her almost as much as he wanted to get rid of her smirk. While she was momentarily distracted he took the chance to roll them over so he was once again hovering above her. Isis wrapped her arms around his neck in an attempt to pull him closer and Calum didn’t hesitate to eliminate all the remaining space between them.

His hand found its way to the clasp of her bra and he unhooked it easily, Isis managed to shrug it off without breaking the kiss. Calum’s hands roamed the newly exposed skin as he left a trail of kisses between her breasts.

When his hands encountered a section of raised flesh he looked up, intrigued. He hadn’t noticed it before but she had a jagged scar that ran along the line of her ribs on the right side of her body. He lightly traced over the smooth, silvery skin before he kissed along the scar. The action almost brought tears to Isis’ eyes because she hated that goddamn scar but somehow Calum made her feel like it wasn’t as disgusting as she’d convinced herself it was.

“Isis, are you sure about this?” He asked, one finger hooked under the waistband of her underwear. He heard her breathing hitch moments before she nodded.

God, he wanted her so bad but he needed to make sure. “I need you to say it. I need you to tell me that this is okay.”

“I want this.” She told him, pressing a kiss to the corner of his mouth. “I want you.”

It all happened in a blur of skin and noise after that. It started out slow, Calum testing how far he could push her, before he started to pick up his pace. The room felt as if it had been leached of oxygen as their shadows became one. The only sounds were those of their bodies moving together and the sighs falling from Isis’ mouth along with the grunted curses from Calum’s.