Chapter 19: Monopoly Is A Stupid Game

Start from the beginning

Ryder still holds my hand, and then pulls me to the closet. I wait there patiently, wondering what he's planning to do. He opens his closet, and takes something out. He holds them out of to me and I take them. "What should I do with this?"

          "You wear it."

          "Alrighty then." I say, stepping into his black sweatpants, pulling them over my shorts. Then I pull on the black shirt, and look over at Ryder. "They're way too big." I tell him.

          "I like you in my clothes though." He retorts, handing me my flip flops.

I shake my head, putting on the flip flops. "They're big, but comfortable." I say.

          "Yeah, now come on. I want tacos!"

With that, Ryder and I creep down the stairs-thankfully they're relatively new, thus not making any noises-and towards the front door. Ryder opens the door and we both go out. I don't know where the whole 'curfew' thing stands as of now. I mean, technically Ryder and I were here before 12 a.m., we're just sneaking back out. Or maybe the technically term would be just going out, because neither of us actually live at the house. He lives at his college dorm, and I live in Texas, so it's technically more like an extended stay if you will.

Ryder unlocks the door and we both get into his car. I pull on my seatbelt, letting out a yawn as I rest my head against the headrest. I pull my knees up in the seat, and prop my feet and shoes up on the dashboard. I push the button on the armrest, letting the window go down. The early morning air whips through my hair, and I look out of the window. Ryder turns the radio on, letting it stay at background music volume.

Twenty minutes later, we're sitting down inside of a Taco Bell. Ryder seems to be happy and content now that he's stuffing his face with the tacos. "So I don't understand why you suddenly had a hankering for tacos."

          "Tacos are good." He says, drinking from his soda.

          "But it's," I pause and look at my watch, "it's 3:21 in the morning. Were you just sitting up waiting for hunger to strike so you could wake me up and get tacos?"

          "Well, I came back up to the room about thirty minutes after you laid down, and you were asleep. So I went to sleep, and then I woke up at like 2 and I was starving. So here we are."

I cock my head to the side, looking at him. "Well isn't that nice." I say, picking apart my taco.

          "What are you doing?" Ryder asks, looking down at my dismantled taco.

          "I'm crushing the shell and eating the inside."

          "Why?"

          "Because, I don't know. I like it like that."

          "That's weird."

          "Yet we're sitting in a Taco Bell at three in the morning because of you."

          "This is true." He agrees.

----------------------

When we get back to the house, promptly at 3:41, Ryder quietly unlocks the door and we go up the stairs back to him room. It's nearly four in the morning, yet I'm wide awake thanks to stupid Ryder. He closes his door behind us, and I take off the shirt and sweatpants, dropping them on the floor. I plop down on the bed on my back, propping my knees up in the air.

          "Okay, so we got the tacos." I say, turning my head and looking over at where he's standing.

          "Indeed we did."