ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

''She could not hear the footfalls behind her...''

~Boys Uniform~

''Y/n? Hello?", Jungkook was walking behind her, her silence worrying him

''Y/n? Hello?", Jungkook was walking behind her, her silence worrying him. He did not like walking alone, after all the crazy ex girlfriends. Y/n marched on ahead, mumbling the words to the song," Y/n? Are you listening?". He tapped her shoulder and she turned around, her hair in her face. She tucked some behind her ear as she took out her headphones,"oh hey Kookie".

Jungkook was suddenly so nervous. His palms started to sweat and he stuttered, "H-Hey Y-Y/n...c-c-can I walk to school with you?". Y/n nodded and asked why he was stuttering and he replied that he didn't know. They walked to school, one of Y/n headphones hanging down, swinging as she walked. She smiled as the songs changed and they got to the school gates. Jungkook finally summed up the courage, "You look really pretty today, Y/n". She stopped walking and turned to him, thinking she heard him wrong. He repeated what he said and she nodded her thanks before walking off. She didn't have time for compliments. Compliments led to flirting, flirting led to crushing. Crushing led to heartbreak. She was focused on her school work now. What else could she do? Fall in love? As if someone would like her. And not say that they did because of a dare.

Jungkook watched her walk off. He sighed and turned on his heels and dragged his feet to his friends. They welcomed him and he responded, "Good morning, Hyungs". He ignored everything else they said. He was distracted. Why did Y/n silently refuse his compliments? What did he do? What happened over the summer?