13. The Chitauri

"This is Jack

"This is Jack." Rachel sighed in annoyance at Jack Tarr's greeting. "What's up?"

"I feel like you don't watch emergency broadcasts anymore!" Rachel responds as she helped a family out of their car as she and Tony awaited backup.

"Not even a hello?" Jack teased.

"Not when there's a bloody alien invasion!" Rachel shouts. "Get to the safety. Try and stay off the streets!" She orders the family as others listened in. "Tarr, I need you to get ready for an assault on London."

"Are they coming to us now?"

"Not as far as I know." Rachel assures. "But Loki's full of mischief. Just be ready."

"James?"

"He's back." Rachel informs. "I'll do a full report when I get back but keep an eye out for anything weird." Rachel orders as she helped more people to safety as the Chitauri started to get past Tony a lot easier and quicker.

"Do you need backup?"

"I have backup. Did you know about Phase 2?" Rachel asked.

"What's Phase 2?"

"I'll explain later." Rachel tells him as she pulled out her gun. "I'm just glad I can tell you. I've had enough of secrets." She says as she shot a Chitauri down saving a couple from death a few meters away.

"Call me if something needs to be said."

"Got it." Rachel says before cutting him off. "Where are you Rogers?" She says right as the Chitauri began to shoot explosive blasts at the cars making debris blow up all around her and several civilians. "Run!" She shouts causing even though they already were to run even faster. People were already dropping dead around her but she needed to focus on the ones who were surviving as much as she hated to admit it.

She looked up as Thor flew over her heading straight towards Stark tower where Loki was standing there still with his full attire and Mjølnir in hand at an incredible speed.

Rachel shot down more and more Chitauri as the NYPD began to arrive. She knew they'd need more than just them.

She ran towards the cops as they got out of their vehicles.

"What the heck..." one of them muttered right as Rachel sped to the cops side. "Spitfire? What are you-"

"No time for questions officer." Rachel interrupts as she shot another Chitauri down before she grabbed one of her mini explosives and chucked it towards one of the chariots causing it and two nearby ones to explode as they flew over. "We need to civilians off the streets."

"Who's causing this?" Another asks as she shot down a Chitauri.

"Loki." Rachel states. "Thor's adoptive brother. He's been causing trouble since Stuttgart!" Rachel explained. "Me and Stark went ahead and tried to stop him already! It only ended up with him being chucked out a window!" Rachel continued.