Chapter Seven

~Erina's POV~

Kirishima and I had become fast friends, he was kind of a fanboy and geeked out about things he thought were manly and cool. He visited the shrine over the weekend and pestered all of my siblings and tried to find the waterfalls he was sure we all trained under. It was quite comical. When I returned to school on Monday, I tried to give Bakugo his scarf back but he threw it in my face and told me to keep it. I was having a hard time understanding him lately. Midoriya was feeling under the weather and freaking out about the exam because he didn't score any points in the practical and got really injured.

A week after the exam, Midoriya and Bakugo received their acceptance letters though Midoriya told me his was on a disk. I hadn't received a letter yet and was wondering if they knew that we didn't have any electricity and would send an old-fashioned letter. Running over the test in my head, I knew I had scored 100% on the written and I was sure I'd gotten the highest number of points out of anyone in my battle ground during the practical.

The following weekend, Kirishima came to visit to watch me and my siblings train. He raced up the stairs with a big grin on his face. "I got in!" He cried the moment he spotted me and ran toward me. His bright red hair was sticking up in spikes, like Bakugo's did. He was bundled up for the cold weather and slid to a stop next to me grinning like a fool, "Did you get yours yet?"

I shook my head, "No, not yet, but maybe they realized we didn't have power and it takes longer to type one up." I shrugged.

"You definitely got in, you scored more points than I did in the practical and I know you're a lot smarter than me so you had to have done better than I did on the written." He tried to reassure me before glancing around at my siblings as they prepared for our training, "What you guys training for?"

"Every year, each of the temples holds battle trials to determine the master of each combat form, if the master of any form at any temple changes from the prior year then all the temples hold trials, its sort of like a competition between the other temples all over Japan. There's only four and the masters at each temple don't change very often so we don't see each other much." I tried to explain as best I could.

"So which temple changed masters?" Kirishima asked curiously.

"Ours."

"Huh? Who became the master of what?"

I giggled as he eyed my siblings trying to figure it out. "I became the master of everything, I suppose."

"What?! Really?!" Kirishima had stars in his eyes, "That's so manly and cool."

I couldn't help but laugh as he started geeking out, "I'm not sure if you referring to anything I do as manly should be taken as a compliment or an insult."

Kirishima's cheeks reddened, "Ah, not an insult." He nervously ran his hand through his spiky red hair.

"Erina, come on." Eiji called out to me as he stood between Etsuko and Einosuke. He had his training swords out and at the ready.

Etsuko had her long auburn tinged dark brunette hair pulled back in a tight braid that she had wound into a bun atop her head. She had a bo staff in her hands and spun it impatiently. Einosuke looked like he'd rather be anywhere else than here and was standing in a loose defensive stance.

Emiko joined me and Kirishima and offered him a smile, "Why don't we sit over here, to avoid any debris." She steered him away.

"Debris?" Kirishima asked in awe.