Chapter 3

It's been only three days since Billy has first arrived to his new school. He became very popular within just those few days. Since you have gym with him, you saw how it happened so fast. The girls spread the 'info' of how the new kid had a nice body and how he kicked Harrington's ass at basketball. You didn't think it was that impressive. You've seen shirtless guys that were good at sports before so you didn't quite understand why he was treated differently.

But you didn't give it too much thought. You just wanted to continue on with your life and just get shit done. The weekend was coming up so you stayed after school to finish all your homework so you wouldn't have to do it because who in hell wants to spend their Halloween doing shitty math.

So on a boring Friday, you checked out some textbooks in the school library and sat down at one of the offered desks provided for students and started on your grind to get this paperwork done. No one was really in the library other than this girl named Nancy Wheeler and her boyfriend Steve. Guess they had the same idea as you since of Tina's Halloween bash.

You've never been invited to party but when you were, you had some doubts. You had a feeling that Tina only invited you to poke fun of you or to make you do her homework. Who knows what the bitches plan was but you weren't going to let her ruin this one time you were invited to something. For once, you felt like it was time to open up and gain some friends. I mean. Johnathan Byers was kind and quiet. He would make a good friend but he was also known for taking photos of people without them knowing so you kinda had to work things out before starting the friendship.

You were half way through your work till the librarian told you it was closing time and that it was time to go home. You just packed up and walked out the door without giving it too much thought.

When you were walking down that halls, you were surprised to hear people in the gym. Your curiosity got the best of you and you just had to have a look. To your surprise, it was Hargrove practicing his aim so he can make more baskets at the next up coming game. 

Once he made a basket, you gave him a comment about his good form for shooting the ball. He flinched a little at first until he noticed it was just you. He came to practice by himself so people would just think he was just naturally good at the sport. Not that he just practices a lot.

Soon you hear the squeaking of his black high tops on the waxed wood come near you. He was wearing his P.E. clothes and since it was humid in the gym, he was shirtless. His curl that usually dangled in front of his face was glue to his forehead from the sweat of hard work. To your surprise, he didn't have bad b.o. but there was still a whiff of it.

You decided to start conversation with asking a question you already knew the answer to. "Why you here late?" You asked in a monotone voice. He looked down at you and he smirked. "I could ask you the same thing princess. Waiting for me?" A chuckle was vivid in his throat as he waited for your answer. "First off, it's (Y/N) and second, no I was not waiting for a smelly boy. I was getting my homework done before the weekend so I can relax and go to that party Saturday." You said in a monotone voice.

"You're going to the party tomorrow? Didn't take you as the type to have fun." His smirk blossomed into a toothy smile. "Well it's not like you know me because you seem to not remember my name and instead use a stupid nick name as a cover up." You slashed back with a sassy smirk. You got him stuck. His face twitched a little at the comment, losing the smile and trying to find a way to start the conversation back up.

You didn't mean to make him struggle so much so you laughed a little to loosen the tension you accidentally created. "Hey. Sorry. Sometimes I say shit before I think about it. Anyways. I meant it to be funny. Not to give you a panic attack or a confidence check. But seriously. I got a name. Use it Hargrove." You shot back with a playful smile. He returned the facial expression.

You looked down at your wrist, checking the time since you had to make dinner for you and Peter. It was almost five p.m. and you needed to get home soon but you lived a walking distance of half an hour away. You picked up the courage to ask the boy for a ride back if he was ready to leave.

"Damn. I'm late. Hey, if you're ready, do you think you can take me home? I really need to make dinner for my brother and probably help him with his homework." "Yeah. Sure (L/N). Just hold on. I'm going to rinse off and we'll be off. Promise I won't take long." He winked and was off to the locker rooms to get showered and changed.

It was only six minutes until he was back in his tight jeans and unbuttoned shirt. His boots clanked on the floor so you made sure you had everything before you took off for home. After your bag passed the check list, you walked side by side with Billy until you were by his car.

You wondered where the ginger girl was but you weren't going to bring it up, knowing all too well of their relationship. He sped off with Wango Tango by Ted Nugent playing in the background. The drive was fairly quiet other than telling him where to take rights and lefts. 

After just ten minutes, you arrived in front of your house. When you got there, you could tell that Billy has not seen such a well kept house. What could you say. Your family got the bucks therefore the life of the wealthy. The house was two stories and painted a nice grey color with vibrant flower beds under the windows and the yard was well kept. No weeds to be seen. And by the hood of his car on the side walk was a black mail box with your last name on it. He was blown away with how someone who lived in Hawkins had such a nice house.

You didn't tell him that your parents made a lot of money so you said your "byes" and "thank yous" and walked into your house. He didn't speed off until he saw you were completely inside, making sure he wouldn't leave you in the cold if you were so happened to have been locked out. And with that, he was gone and you picked up your routine at home and made dinner and finished the rest of your homework. You just wanted to make sure that you were all ready for that sick party tomorrow night.

PLEASE VOTE! And I'm sorry my chapters are short but I'm trying to crank one out every day so I don't want to run out of ideas as soon as the story starts ya know. So please follow and leave comments or requests!