Epilogue: "Somebody Who Wants to Love"

Head in the future
Heart in Oklahoma
That's the girl I always knew

"Ta da!" Taylor announced, placing a large bowl of scrambled eggs in the center of the table.

"What is it?" Owen asked, tentatively peering into the bowl and frowning.

Taylor feigned hurt.

"What is it you ask? My world famous tomato scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and basil!"

Both Penny and Owen looked at each other, exchanging a glance.

"That sounds weird, dad." Penny finally said.  These days she preferred fruit and an egg over easy for breakfast.

Ezra shrugged and reached for the cereal box, pouring himself a bowl.

"I'm good with cereal."

Taylor sat down at the kitchen table beside Michelle and shrugged casually.

"Your loss," he said, serving himself a large portion. "More for me."

"Hey! I'm having some too!" Michelle said as Taylor passed the bowl to her.

Taylor winked.

"At least someone in this household has some taste,"

Penny rolled her eyes as she served herself some fruit and a piece of toast. Owen opted for cereal.

Michelle ate a bite of the eggs and smiled.

"Wow, these are good Tay! The basil really makes it."

Taylor beamed like a new dad clearly proud of his cooking skills.

"Thanks babe."

Michelle smiled at Owen and Penny, who were sitting across the table.

"So, girls, are you excited for the concert tonight?"

Penny and Owen were attending a Taylor Swift concert that night in Nashville. Taylor had used his industry connection to get them a meet and greet with the star, and was planning to chaperone them. To say the girls were excited would be an understatement. They'd had the tickets for months and had been counting down the days.

Penny nodded her head excitedly.

"We're so ready Michelle! It's going to be so much fun!" Penny said with such excitement.

"I can't believe we are going to meet her!" Owen exclaimed. "I'm going to die!"

Taylor laughed. "You're going to be fine."

"The perks of having a famous dad!" Penny said.

Ezra rolled his eyes in his sister's direction.

"Taylor Swift is lame."

"Maybe lame to YOU," Penny retorted back. "and that weird music you listen to."

"Well, at least I'm not a teenybopper," Ezra said, looking up from his cereal.

"I am not a tennybopper!" Penny protested.

Michelle laughed. "Guys, come on. Eat your breakfast and stop arguing. Different people like different music, and it's fine."

Taylor's phone rang.

"I'll get it," Taylor said, getting up and walking away from the table to take the call.

Taylor saw it was Kate, and answered.

"Hey Kate," Taylor said. "How are you?"

"Hey Taylor! I'm good!" Kate replied good-heartedly. "Is this a bad time? I wanted to talk logistics for Christmas this year? Since you, Michelle and the older kids are spending it with us this year."