23

Rae walked into the bedroom and smiled as she looked to Iain as he sat in bed. "Are you okay?" She asked as he nodded. She walked over and sat in bed next to him as he looked to her and sighed "I don't know, I just don't know. I can't believe Rita would stoop this low and say that I slept with her after everything that we have been through and she does this" Iain said as she looked to him and smiled as she placed a hand on his knee and smiled as she leant in and kissed him "I know, I know that your pissed at her so am I but we can't let her get to us, she isn't worth it and we are worth so much more and a lot stronger than letting Rita get between us, we've dealt with a lot worst then the likes of her" Rae said as Iain looked to her and smirked.

He placed a hand on her cheek and smiled "have I ever told you how much I love you?" He asked as she looked to him and smirked "hmm, you may off but you might have to remind me" she said as he smirked as he rolled over so that he was on top of her. Iain smirked as he placed on her cheek and smiled "how did I get so lucky" he asked as she smirked as he leant in and kissed him "who knows" she teased as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close as he ran his hands up her thighs as she wrapped her legs around him. Iain pulled her close and smirked as he pushed into her causing her to moan as he started to move in and out of her. Rae pulled him to her and smirked as she leant in and kissed him.

***

Later that morning, Rae got to work and smiled as she saw Lexi and cal who stood outside of the ED smirking. Rae handed faith to Iain as Iain looked to Lexi and cal and chuckled "he really likes her you know, it's cal and I have never seen him chase anyone as much as he has with Lexi" Iain said as Rae looked to him and smiled "yeah, but it isn't easy since Ethan likes her too" Rae said as Iain nodded as he took a hold of her hand and smiled "so I've been thinking, how would you feel about marrying me?" Rae asked as Iain looked to her and smirked "are you proposing to me?" Iain asked as she nodded "think about it okay" she said as he nodded.

***

Later that day, Rae sat in the staffroom as Lexi walked in. Lexi looked to Rae and frowned. Lexi walked over and sat next to Rae and smiled "are you okay?" She asked "I think I freaked Iain out" she said as Lexi looked to her and frowned "how come" she asked as Rae smiled to her "I asked him to marry me and I think he freaked, I could see it in his eyes" Rae said as Lexi looked to her and smiled "it's probably nothing, you two are meant to be and you probably just shocked him" Lexi said as Rae looked to him and nodded.

Later, Rae walked into the ambulance bay and smiled as she saw Iain "hey" he said as she smiled and walked over to him "hard shift" he asked as he nodded "with Rita yeah" she said as he chuckled as he held her close "so I have been thinking" he said as she looked to him and smirked "that's dangerous" she said as he chuckled "yeah, but about what you asked. I'd love to marry you" he said as she looked to him and smiled as he leant in and kissed her "so we're getting married?" "We are"