Chapter 4

Surprisingly I am not woken by anything but the sunlight coming into my room. I feel my head throbbing and I am taken back to yesterday afternoon. I should have smashed his head against his the door. What an asshole.

I put on the remainder of my clean clothes and put all of my dirty laundry in my gym bag that I don't use very much anymore. I make sure to lock my door and put my things in my car.

The laundromat smells of pee and body odour. I hate that I can't do my laundry at home. I don't have enough money for this right now. I have to stop at school because the principal would like to speak to me so I'll pick my laundry up when I'm done.

Once I walk through the doors I'm hot with a sick feeling. I do all my classes online for a reason. I hate this place. It reminds me too much about the past, about how my life used to be. The hall ways are dead and the air smells of antiseptic. Just like at home that night.

I make my way to the office and the secretary tells me that the principal will be in shortly. I don't remember his name but I quickly glance at the name on the door before entering. Mr. Williams it reads. That should make this less awkward. I take a seat and wait. Once I've waited fifteen minutes I get up out of the chair and leave. He asked me to come at a specific time and he's no there so I couldn't care less.

                                         ....

I go by the laundromat to see if my clothes are clean. No one is in there when I walk in so I quickly take my clothes out of the washers and put them in my basket, I'll take them home to dry in my room.

Kevin's truck isn't in the driveway again so I would have a little time to put my clothes in the dryer. I decide against it, I don't want to take the chance of another fight. I've already taken three ibuprofen this morning. Once my clothes are all hung up I clean my room up throwing the packages of ramen noodles away and bringing my dishes upstairs to clean them as well.

I sit down on my bed and open my laptop so I can start working on my history paper. My head is pounding and quite frankly my mind keeps wandering. I want to know what Mr. Williams wanted to speak to me about but I was too stupid to wait. After a very large amount of research I accomplish getting the paper finished and submitted.

I'm not sure what to have for dinner. I have a choice between ramen noodles and cereal. I'll probably save the cereal for breakfast. I'm so sick of ramen noodles though. I miss my moms cooking so much.

                                     ....

My bed is warm because I was sitting in it and I fall asleep instantly. I was only asleep for a couple of hours and I hear the familiar sound of the door slamming. Another rude awakening , what a surprise. I hear him waking down the steps toward my door. "Shit" I curse under my breath. I can hear slurred whispers outside my door. "He can't keep me out." Kevin days just before I hear a bang in my door and hear the splitting of wood. Great something else I'm going to have to replace. He walks away, probably to find more booze. He obviously isn't hammered enough.