A night to remember...

"So the last question is, when are you going to do it?" James asks me.

"Well I was actually planning to do it in a couple nights. It would be 2 years commemorating when we met at the party."

"Wow. Someone knows their dates." James says impressed.

I smile confidently.

"Make this a night she'll never forget." He smiles.

A couple nights later, James is gone and I'm setting up a candle-lit dinner with her favorite meal. Crispy baked chicken wings with sticky honey garlic sauce. Tonight was definitely going to be a night she would never forget. I had a trail of rose petals from the door in the kitchen. I rented a tux and I told her to dress nicely. James had convinced her to stay the night with her friend the night before. The moment is still coming to me. I am about to propose to the only woman I love with all of my heart and soul. Spend the rest of my life with her and make a new generation with her. It all seems so perfect. How could anything go wrong?

I hear the door open and Melanie's voice calling my name. Here it goes. She follows the pedals to the kitchen. She is wearing a beautiful silky navy blue dress with a gold belt.

"Wha-what's all this?" She asks in awe.

"A dinner. To celebrate our meeting at the party 2 years ago." I said with a half smile.

A delighted smile forms on her face and tears begin to form in her eyes. "Oh my god. I thought you forgot."

I walk up to her and wipe away her tears. "Don't cry princess. How could I forget the night that would change my life forever?" I say compassionately.

She gives me a big hug. "So much for doing my makeup." She laughs.

I laugh with her and sit her down.

"Oh honey, you made my favorite meal." She says delighted.

"Only the best for my baby girl."

She smiles and starts to eat. 15 minutes pass and we finish our food.

"Thank you so much darling." She says gratefully.

"Oh no no. Don't thank me yet. This is just the beginning of the wonderful surprises that lie ahead tonight." I get up and kiss her hand and grab the car keys. "Come my darling, to stage 2."

She takes my hand and I drive her to the park. I blindfold her and lead her to the wonderful surprise I made.

"Where are you taking me?" She giggles.

"You'll see."

I lead her to the spot and take off her blindfold.

"Look familiar?" I ask smoothly.

Her eyes get misty. "How could I forget? The day we reunited."

I had covered the picnic area with drapes and white lights and a tent around it all.

"This is so beautiful! How did you do this?!" She says astounded.

"If I told you, it would make the whole situation less mesmerizing." I simper.

She looks around bewitched by my decorations. As she's distracted I press play on the boombox and her favorite slow song comes on. "A thousand years" by Christina Perri. She beams at the sound of the song. I sweep her around and put my arms on her waist and she wraps her arms around my neck giving a light chuckle. We sway slowly back and forth as the music plays. I lean my head against hers.

"You look absolutely stunning tonight" I say in a soothing tone.

She smiles back at me. "Thank you. You're looking very handsome tonight."

"Thank you."

30 minutes pass and we are still slow dancing. Each of us enjoying the moment as it lasts. But soon, I stop slow dancing and step back to see her with my hands intertwined with hers.

"Melanie. You are a sight for sore eyes. One that I never wanna look away from. One, that I can't believe I got so lucky to see everyday when I wake up. You truly are an angel to me. A beautiful, magnificent, funny, shy, caring girl who walked in my life and changed it forever. I want to make another generation of children with you and love you till the day I die. You have been there for me in the good times and bad. When I really needed it you and James were there for me. And for that I am forever grateful. And to show you my gratitude." I stop and get on one knee.

She cups her hands over her mouth and starts crying. "Oh my god..."

I look up at her with a shaky voice and tears in my eyes.

"Would you make me the happiest man in the world, and marry me?" I say crying tears of joy.

"Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!" She yells jubilantly.

I slide the ring on her finger and pick her up off the ground and swing her around and give her a kiss. Tears streaming down our faces. We are soulmates. Meant to be. Now, I can show it to the entire state. She gives me adorable rapid mini kisses. I kiss her lips with a tender passion.

"Melanie Grace Joseph." I say with a smile.

"Has a beautiful ring to it. I love you ,Tyler." She says softly.

"I love you too, Melanie." I say in a compassionate tone.

We get home and James is on the couch. As we walk in the door, James jumps up.

"Well?!" He asks excitedly.

"I said yes!" Melanie squeals and we all do a big group hug.

After we celebrate with McDonald's, we all go to bed. Right after I get changed, my phone rings. It's an unknown number. I raise an eyebrow and answer.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Tyler is this you?! I need your help! I'm in a very bad situation!" A woman's voice urges in a terrified tone.

"I-I'm sorry? Who is this?" I question.

"Listen! I'll be around 176 Downstreet Drive! You'll see me! Please just help me! I'm begging you!" She says.

The woman screams and the call ends. I know who it is and rush down the stairs. "James! Melanie! Let's go! We're going for a drive!" I yell.

They both rush downstairs.

"What's going on?" Melanie worries.

"I'll tell you later! Just come on let's go!"

I grab the keys and unlock the car and lock the door. I rush to the car and start it.

Let's just say. It really was, a night to remember...