0

I leaned back on the bench and closed my eyes. 30 minutes ago I was dying and now I'm not. I looked at him and then I looked at her letting out a sigh. They both moved to lean their heads on my respective shoulders. I accepted them both feeling relieved to be here with them right now.

" I was so scared I was going to lose you babe." I glanced down at her," You could never lose me love."

" I'm sorry I tried to kill you. I was angry at you. I felt like you abandoned me for no reason at all. We could've ruled the world together."

" That's never what I wanted. All I wanted was you. I still want you now, but not like I did before. I don't think I can be with you after you tried to murder me. Even if you did realize your mistake. The fact that you broke in my house to poison me is not ok. It'll never be ok."

He got up from his place next to me and glared at her. He's blaming her for all of this, I know he is. He gazed back into my eyes before his face fell," I will always love you. I hope you know that. I'm sorry, I never thought it would end this way." He walked away not turning back.

She turned to look up at me," I love you." I blinked at her overwhelmed with emotions. She placed a quick kiss on my lips intertwining our fingers.

" It only took me almost dying to get it out of you." She punched me in shoulder," I'm kidding, I love you too geez."

I have had the most intense 30 minutes of my life and being on the cusp of death is a feeling I'll never forget. I almost feel fortunate that he poisoned me because now I have her. I'll always love him, I wish him farewell as his chapter in my life closes. I hope he gets the help he needs.