16 to 10 Minutes

I'd be wasting time trying to start my bucket of a car so, I decided walk to my destination. Outside feels weird now, when you start to consider everything as your last it gets weird. That was my last time laying in my bed and this is my last time outside. My last time walking anywhere. The sky looks different than before. The atmosphere surrounding me feels much lighter. I wonder if my spirit will just float out of my body into the sky.

You know I've always had my beliefs but as the clock ticks down they're all jumbled. I've always believed in heaven and hell but now I'm not sure. I am now one of the people who believe it'll all be over. I'm the only me in the world there can't be another. I don't see reincarnation, I don't see heaven or hell, I only see the end.

Maybe It'll be better. Sometimes I'm around and sometimes I'm not. Some people love when I'm around, others dread it. That sounds just about perfect for me. It sounds the same for me. I won't change much in death except for my decomposing skin.

My phone rings as I am walking; it's her again. I hear a commotion in the background," Who the fuck is this guy, babe? Who is this guy climbing through your fucking window." I panic why is he back there and why is she there. No one is suppose to be there.

"Ya tell her who I am, babe." A frown implants itself on my face," That's my ex." I hear them yelling back and forth before I hear the phone being dropped. " Where the fuck are you? Huh? You have to come home and you have to take the antidote."

" I thought you wanted me dead." He pauses before speaking," I thought I did too, but things have cleared up. I don't know what I was thinking, but I can't afford to lose you again. I love you." Tears brim my eyes as he speaks. He's always had the power to make me cry just like that. " WHAT DID YOU DO!?!"

Her yell echos through the phone. " He's poisoned you? Why didn't you tell me? You talked me like nothing was wrong, you made plans with me for tomorrow knowing you wouldn't be there."

She's sobbing, I've never heard her cry before. I honestly never thought she could. She is such a light, I never thought anything could make the clouds cover her shine. " I'm sorry."

" Ok we're wasting valuable time. Where are you? We need to get this to you immediately." He sounds frantic like his life depends on this, when it's mine that is approaching it's end.

" I'm at the park."