Dream

I bursted through my front door, taking in an exhausted sigh. I slung my backpack onto the couch, welcoming the large seat with open arms. My school day had gone fairly, but I was bored to death. I almost passed out until I remembered that I had to put my lunchbox away, and I could settle down in my room. I did my deed and waddled up the stairs.

As I threw myself onto my bed, my mother flung the door open, jumping onto my bed, right next to me. She asked me the usual questions. "How was your day?" "What did you learn?" "Are you and that boy you talk about a couple yet?"

I groaned at each question, too tired to properly respond.

"Please, I just want to be alone," I whined demandingly.

Mother shook her head, as if trying to ignore my comment, then continued with her questions.

"Please, I want to be by myself," I persisted, longing to curl up into a blanket and sleep.

The more I insisted, the more she pushed on. The more she pushed on, the more I insisted. She eventually just became frustrated and began to yell at me.

She just kept yelling at me to shut up. And I didn't understand why. Maybe I was just being a stupid kid, but I just didn't see why she had to get so worked up over me wanting to rest a little. Eventually I just zoned out, ignoring her frustrated lecture.

In her anger, she ripped my iPod off my dresser, and stomped away, growling at me to do my Algebra 1 homework. She left my door open and went into her room.

I didn't think much of what she'd said at the time because I was so exhausted. I closed my eyes, drifting into sleep.

I was woken up maybe fifteen minutes later by a harsh swat on my arm. My mother ordered me to get out of bed, and get into our car- apparently we were going to meet my father at a restaurant, on his way home from work.

I looked around, trying to blink the sleep out of my eyes. For some odd reason, I just couldn't shake the feeling of it all being some allusion; I felt like I was still asleep, dreaming.

My mom and I met up with my dad at InN'Out Burger, and out food was ready quickly. My parents both dug carnivorously into their burgers, scarfing down fries at the same time. I just stared at my meal and soda, not tempted in the slightest to eat it.

They both stared at me, and my dad questioned why I was in such a peculiar mood. My mom said that I was having a teen mood-swing attitude, and that I was mad at her, which was far from the truth. I didn't respond, feeling that denying what she thought was right would piss her off even more. So I finally took a bite out of my food, slowly devouring it until we left.

My mom insisted that I rode home with my father, saying that she didn't want to be around me. I was even more confused at her remark, but I hopped into my dad's truck.

He asked me what was going on, and I explained that I was in a big daze and didn't understand what was happening, and that Mother was upset with me for reasons I couldn't think of. He nodded in understanding and told me to tell her all of this when we got home.

Back at home, I started working on my homework, and my parents left to take a walk. I thought about everything when I was done with my worksheet, and definitely thought I had to explain this out to Mom.

After they returned, I called out to her.

"You realize I was never mad at you," I started.

She scoffed in disbelief, waving her hand dismissively at me like she didn't care. "Whatever," she huffed.

Later that evening, I took a shower and went straight to bed, still feeling drained. All of a sudden, my eyes snapped open, and there was my mother, standing in my room's doorway, a malicious grin on her face.

"You shouldn't lie to your mother," she croaked. Then, all I could see was red.

I gasped, waking up and sitting atop my sheets. I stared at my alarm clock- 5:37 AM, three minutes before I had to get up for school. I realized that I had a cold sweat, and I went to the bathroom, washing my face.

"What a terrible nightmare," I muttered aloud.

*DEAD BOOK* My Typewriter~ A Collection of Rants and Randomnessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें