Chapter 14: Dinner

Ryan's POV:

I wanted to take my mate and lock us in a room together the second I finished my speech, but rather than running to him, I was held back. I looked back and saw my younger brother holding my wrist, eyeing towards the table where Kassie, Jerimiah, Cassandra, Loki, and Todd all sat, waiting for me to sit there as usual. I hissed as I walked to the table, looking at my mate shift uncomfortably in the back, still unable to control his magic, releasing some weak spells. My brother and I went to the table while our guards went to other tables.

"Ryan, Daniel, welcome back, it has been way too long, last time we saw each other was the trip to BuruBuru," Cassandra stated rather ambitiously. After much small talk, with my fists continuously become tighter, I decided to ask the question that has been on my mind the entire time. "Hey, that guy in the corner, the one who is unable to stop casting spells. Why have you guys done nothing about him, that is like, a blatant sign of disrespect." I asked, trying to mask my impatience.

To my surprise, they all tensed up when I brought him up. Kassie started to mumble incoherently and rock a bit. "Sweet thoughts, honey, sweet thoughts. Think about Valhalla, sunflowers, rainbows..." Cassandra cooed to her, causing me and Daniel to look at each other strangely. "He is someone to not piss off, under any circumstances. Kassie used her Valkerie face on him, but rather than having normal effects, he showed her something and she kind of went insane. Loki had to cast over 15 healing spells to restore her sanity. He seemed practically unaffected by our auras, but when he showed his true form, his aura was so strong so much happened. We could not breathe, our minds were plagued with horrible, horrible thoughts but there was also this calming feeling that made us drop our guards, like Loki's aura but powers up twelvefold. He's apparently the Ruler of Dominitio and Raguul; he showed Ragnorok to verify one, but as for Darmura, we are unsure. He showed signs of an angel and the aura, but never demonstrated anything further, like the sword. Just please, let him be, he is in his corner barely disturbing anyone." she said, wiping tears away from her eyes.

My mate is the ruler of both realms, I've been waiting for eternity for him for so long, so long that I forgot about the whole mating bond. I am unsure if he knows about the mating bond, but rather than try to approach him immediately, I'll try and have a normal conversation. Once we are able to mingle, I'll b-line straight to him, and hopefully, the chaos will make it less obvious.

Jake's POV:

The discomfort and slight pain I was feeling before escalated when that guy got on stage, I couldn't even understand what he was saying due to the immense internal struggle. I originally intended to network with other school founders in hopes to acquire some partnerships, but my body has other plans. I hoped that nobody would want to talk for long, that I could give them my business card or get theirs and send an email later. To my dismay, the speaker actually came to talk to me, which it would be rude if I declined.

I tried to avoid being touched as much as possible, whenever people touched me, it caused me to feel sick and pain shooting through my body. When the guest speaker got closer, something made me feel drawn to him. The pain slowly turned into pleasure the closer he got, but the aching in my lower abdomen increased. He had small talk, but his eyes remained a dark red, a sign that a vampire was hungry, which made me feel uncomfortable. "Hey, I know this may be inappropriate, but do you mind if we go out for dinner? It would be very professional of course, we could discuss a future alliance. " that threw me off, but the networking opportunity would be phenomenal. I agreed, and we exchanged contact information, he gave me his personal number and would text me the address. "Wait, where exactly are we? We portaled here, so I am unsure if we are even in the United States anymore." I said almost out of breathing. A look of realization hit him and asked where I lived.