Chapter 12: My Story Has Yet to Be Happy

*Five years later*

Five years, it has been five years since I was told I have another mate out there. I searched for an entire year while, but I found nothing. I had no choice but to continue my education, which I graduated high school, got my bachelor's degree in education. I wanted to have a school where all creatures and magical beings were welcome, I called it 'Primrose Academy of Magic' which was very difficult to start up.

Starting it up was a cake-walk compared to gaining students, faculty, and growth, for most at least. At each year, there is a free for all between all the school founders, it varies depending on the type of school. You can only do one kind of school per year, meaning that if you want to expand your high school, you can just enter for high school one year. Each school must have departments for each cohort, a K-4, 5-8, 9-12th, then the general offices, rooms, cafeterias, auditoriums, etcetera. When a school is founded, the founders acquire a new power, such as a pyrokinetic may acquire psychokinesis.

The power is usually consistent with your personality or other power, due to my abilities, I received another passive ability instead of active power. I received the passive called 'Enhance and Diminish' which enhances all my attributes and diminishes all the opponent's attributes. This really made it easier to grow my schools. However many other school founders become apart of your school and basically become staff members. I decided to advance the K-4 buildings, though I received students of all grades.

*ding* I looked down at my phone to check the notification, presumably an email. "Welcome to the Association of the Magically Advanced, Mr. Rivers. Now that you have established a school and did exemplemary in the battle royal, you have been accepted. There will be meeting tomorrow at 2pm, food will be provided. A portal will be opened tomorrow once you have read this email to take yours to your destination. Have a wonderful day!" I groaned as I had a date tomorrow.

What? I have been depressed over trying to find my mate, so I have just given up. I also am in search for a dean. I want someone who is very strong to be known as the school's dean, so my name is more hidden. I go into the app I used, don't judge me, to see if we could schedule it for another day. With the news, I decided to go on a walk around the campus to strengthen the wards.

The Next Day

I groaned as I woke up, stretching my limbs for another long day. Yesterday, after strengthening the wards, I completed a bunch of paperwork. I also researched some other schools, their rank, how active they participated in the battle royale, their deans, and their powers. Although I do currently have a dean, his powers are simply inadequate. I check the time, ten o' clock, I have a few hours still. I go shower in my large bathroom and get dressed. I wore a silk black button up shirt, designer dress pants, and my Salvatore Ferragomo's shoes that were a birthday gift.

I walk to the door and enter the code after I walk through it, I enter my office. Yes, I am a workaholic, so I built a secret room in my office. It is basically my apartment as it has everything I need. It is a two-story one as well with state of the art equipment. I check the time and see the time is now twelve o' clock, I take my time getting dressed, okay? Don't judge me, we all have our quirks.

I sat down at my desk and began working on the email to 'Rose Gardens Academy' for a partnership. After I finished composing it, I decided to call my familiar, which is actually not your typical familiar. Rather than taking on the form of one animal, it can take on the form of any animal. It was a little concoction that I made through my family's spell book. Its favorite form is that of an albino lion, believe it or not, it was very affectionate and craved attention.

We fought for a little of over five minutes, him trying to jump on my lap while I work and me pushing his massive butt off. He continued to playfully growl but slightly annoyed that he didn't get what he wanted. I summoned steaks for him to eat, I didn't want him to be hungry before we left. Finally finished with my other activities, I decided to just walk around the campus and observe the teachers. They were truly dedicated to their work. After arriving at a vampire history class, I chose to sit in on the lecture, after setting a reminder on my phone.

"While the creation of the first vampire is unknown, what we do know is that it created other vampires of different types. He created eight other vampires, all of the different types, they were known as 'The Originals' they are powerful and contain magical abilities. If you are to run into one, do not engage in a battle. Now, the very first vampire is known as Halmispher, he is a strong vampire that contains the qualities of all of his children." I listened as Patrice, the teacher, lectured on.

After listening to her lecture on for about an hour, Pasad, my familar, burst into the door a growling mess. I rolled my eyes, but everyone else was shrieking. What, it is just an albino lion with wings. He ran to me and began lying on my feet. I guess he was my reminder, as I checked my phone, it was time for the portal to open. A minute later, the portal opened right in front of my eyes. "I am so sorry Mrs. Moon, I did not intend for Pasad to interrupt your lecture so much and I completely forgot about my meeting. I'll be off!" I say as I fake a smile, going through the portal to attend my first meeting.