Cold: Ch 5

"Say more things!" Susie shouted at the poor human as she shook him violently some more.

"S-Susie s-stop shaking me p-please," Kris begged. Susie stopped and Kris took in a deep breath he didn't know he was holding.

"You ok Kris?" Ralsei said patting his back lightly.

"Yeah, thanks for asking," Kris replied giving off a faint smile.

Susie just stared at him. She loved his voice but she didn't know why it was a surprise to hear him speak in the first place. Maybe because she thought he couldn't talk or something? She didn't know.

"You ok Susie?" Kris said snapping his fingers close to her face shaking her out of her thoughts.

"Yeah, totally!" She replied giving off a fang smile.

Kris just stared at her before turning his head to Ralsei. "Do you know anyplace that might be close? I'm cold and I think it's starting to become night," Kris said as he took off his metal like gloves and started to rub his exposed arms.

"Maybe? I don't recognise this place at all, I'm sorry Kris," Ralsei replied lowering his head slightly.

"It's ok, we can wander around until we find something," and with that said, they started following Kris through the snowy, ice forest.

After what felt like hours of walking, Kris felt like he couldn't take the cold that much longer. He didn't complain though, he didn't wanna worry his friends.

"Over there!" Susie shouted scaring Kris by the sudden noise. "It's a ruin of some sort," she said slightly softer.

They started walking toward it. It was a destroyed ruin but its roof was collapsed creating a tent like structure.

"Anything to keep me away from the cold," Kris muttered mostly to himself but Susie heard it and felt bad for Kris. She and Ralsei where monsters. (At least she thinks Ralsei is a monster) and monsters' magic normally kept them warm. She didn't know a lot about humans, only that they don't adapt easily to environments and if they are out in an extreme hot or cold environment that they could die. She wasn't sure how extreme it had to be though.

They finally made it and Kris instantly went for the corner and sat down with his knees to his chest. Susie felt even more pity, but we all know she won't show it.

She walked next to him and took a seat. She tried to sit close to him, but not to close for it to be awkward.

"I will go find sticks!" Ralsei exclaimed seeing that his friend was cold.

As Ralsei left. Susie started feeling awkward. The thing she was trying to avoid.  Her and Kris sat in the corner listening to the light whistle of the wind. She looked slightly down at the human sense she was taller then him. He was shivering, she didn't know what that meant. All she knew was it might be bad.

"You ok?" She said softly snapping Kris out of his deep thoughts.

"Y-yeah, just cold," is all he replied before they sat in awkward silence again.

After what felt like twenty minutes, they heard snow crunching from outside. "I'm back!" Ralsei said as he walked in, his arms carrying piles of sticks.

"Cool, can you hand them over? I think I can create a spark with my sword and this small flint rock I found in the corner," Kris said feeling relieved that warmth will be very soon.

Ralsei did as he was told and soon enough Kris made a fire. It wasn't the best fire but it would do perfectly. Kris sighed in relief at the warmth of the fire.

"When did you learn that?" Susie questioned as she stared deeply into the fire as if it was trying to tell a secret message.

"A few months ago when I thought fire was an interesting prank tool," Kris replied with a small smirk on his lips.

"Sweet," Susie chuckled slightly, just imaging Kris running around and lighting people's shit on fire for fun.

"I'm going to sleep now, night guys!" Ralsei said before curling into a ball and being covered from any interaction with his cloak.

"Maybe we should do the same?" Kris said looking slightly up at Susie.

"Sure," Susie replied before rolled onto her side away from Kris.

Kris just awkwardly laid on his side facing the fire. He still felt cold but the fire will warm him up eventually. He closed his eyes letting the fire's warmth lull him to sleep.

Sometime during the night, Kris' shivering woke up Susie. She peered her head over her shoulder before seeing Kris was shivering like a mad-man. She sighed before rolling over on her other side and pulling Kris close to her.

Kris almost stop shivering completely in a matter of minutes due to Susie's intense body heat from her magic. She laid her head down again. She should feel awkward, but she doesn't, it feels right in a way she can't explain.

She listens to Kris' light snores, as if they were a song lulling her to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, sorry for the chapter delay. I've been sick and life just fucking hates me so.. I hope you liked the chapter! Sorry it was a little short. The next one I will try to make longer! Hoped you like Susie being the bigger spoon. ;)

(Word count 900)