Dead Man Walking

Beyoncé

I remained frozen as the grainy enlarged black and white image of my daughter holding the hands of the man I used to love played over and over each time my finger hit replay

I remained frozen as the grainy enlarged black and white image of my daughter holding the hands of the man I used to love played over and over each time my finger hit replay .

It all made sense now

I told her not to speak to strangers , and this would have applied to him if she hadn't met him yesterday and started calling him her "friend".

It also didn't help that she saw Shawn and I talking to each other at the car when I tried to leave.

I called him by his first name , not Jayz like everyone who only knew him as a famous rapper.

She would've easily concluded that I knew him personally , and saw nothing wrong with her "friend" coming to talk to her again.

The only problem was that I had no idea if Shawn intentionally came to take her away from the school, or the fire alarm sounding prompted him to pick her up and leave the building .

He shouldn't have been there in the first damn place, but I was finding it hard to stay mad at him.

Just the relief of knowing that she wasn't with some random man kind of calmed me down , but he was not going to get a free pass for what he did.

Wether he knew it or not , this was legally considered as a open kidnapping case and once I identified him a BOLO would go out to every police department in Texas along with an amber alert that would describe his car and describe both him and Blue in case someone saw them out.

We just wanted a safe return

If he thought that his name would save him, he was sadly mistaken .

If it got out that he was involved in something like this , I could see his career going straight down the drain .

So why did I feel bad ?

I knew that with he wasn't smart enough to try and pull off taking her out of Houston, and with his track Record of not wanting her he most likely meant to bring her back to the school before anyone noticed she was even gone.

"Do you know the suspect?" David, the detective that was issued to help us out asked me again.

We had been looking at this same video on loop for the last ten minutes and I hadn't responded or showed any real emotion.

My face remained as stoic as I could manage, thoughts of how I would murder Shawn for nearly giving me a heart attack trumping the idea of my daughter being in harms way.

I opened my mouth to answer, but my phone began to buzz angrily against the thigh of pants pocket alerting me that someone was calling me.

"I have to take this real quick , excuse me" I said sliding the green phone option up on my phone even though I had no intention of putting my phone to my ear until I was out of earshot.