Chapter Thirteen - Cats, Part Four

I know that some of you will have trouble remembering the kittens' names; that's why they're named after pop culture. You should be able to get the colors right, at least. (The picture is Tom).

Also, I will not tell you what I'm planning on updating next, because I obviously have no clue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sorry guys.

*****

Chapter Thirteen - Cats, Part Four

Before going to bed, I finished tidying up. Tony put away his half-complete plans on a self-cleaning litter box, and I gathered the cats from their nap and moved them upstairs.

"I don't understand how they take up so much space when they're so tiny," Tony muttered, looking at the pile of cats sleeping on his giant king-sized bed.

"It's a cat thing," I told him. "This is another reason you're a cat. You're tiny and you like to take up an obscene amount of space."

He pouted at me, and I rolled my eyes. "Get in bed," I said. "Remember what I said about experimenting?"

"No," he claimed.

"Tony," I crossed my arms.

"Maybe," he muttered.

"Look," I said. "Maybe those bad sleeping habits are written into you, or something, but we should experiment. What if you're more productive if you get a proper sleep cycle?!"

"I can't," Tony whined, scooping up the nearest kitten, which was Tom, and snuggling him to his chest. "I just can't, Elle."

"That's what I'm here for," I told him, wiggling my fingers. "Sleep Magic falls under Chaos Magic. Kinda weird, yeah, but still true. Okay? I can help you sleep."

Tony pet Tom, thinking, and Simba got up and meowed at Tony, wanting his own cuddles. The other ones looked about ready to get up, too.

"Okay," Tony relented, climbing onto the bed and laying down. After waiting for him to finish, the cats began to climb all over him until they were comfortable satisfactorily.

"Do you want dreamless sleep?" I asked. "Or do you still want dreams? I can make sure they're not nightmares. I've been told you can get some pretty wacky dreams from it, though."

"Dreamless, for now at least," Tony said softly, stroking the cats. He closed his eyes and tightened his fists over the cats. "Do it now, before I change my mind."

"Eris's Sleep," I whispered, and the magic flowed from my hands and coagulated around Tony, his face relaxing and his hands unclasping.

The fog disappeared and I smiled at Tony before leaving the door to the room slightly cracked for the cats and crawling into my own bed.

"Goodnight, Tony," I whispered.

*****

"Sir. Sir...SIR!"

"Wha-?" Tony scrambled awake.

"Sir, Mrs. Rigby appears to be having a nightmare," JARVIS told him.

"Fuck," Tony muttered, pushing the cats off him. The kittens meowed up at him, but Duchess merely leveled a look, and Tony distinctly remembered Elle mentioning that cats thought the world revolved around them.

"Not now, kitties," he muttered, leaving his room and barging into the one a door down.

Elle was tangled in the sheets, sweating crazily as she tossed and turned.