six years special

Start from the beginning

I cringed at the sound of his words before I slowly lowered my head and mumbled: '' I just managed to push it to the back of my mind, but now you made me remember it again... ''

I let out a deep sigh and leaned over the railing of the lighthouse. I wasn't really doing anything dangerous or something like that, but out of instinct, Baekhyun still grabbed the back of my shirt and held it, to make sure that I would be safe and I really wouldn't fall. I started mumbling something incomprehensible, while he nervously smiled at Chanyeol and Haneul and told them how I had yet to get over a bad critique that I got for my recent documentary. Helping my boyfriend with his work around the island was my main occupation, but movies were still my passion. It wasn't even about the extra cash that my hobby brought me, I truly adored it and that was why it stung that much more when someone hated my documentary about the wildlife on Hando.

Haneul awkwardly patted my shoulder and grinned. '' We still think that your movies are cool, is that not enough? ''

'' No. ''

Her smile faded away, she grabbed my shirt and started shaking me with anger. '' You lousy piece of shit! Why do I even bother being friends with you?! ''

Her fit of anger was cut short when Chanyeol suddenly nudged her. It seemed like that made her remember the reason that the two of them even bothered to come all the way to the lighthouse. I knew that they were plotting something, but I ignored them and prepared to lean over the railing again. Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the sight of my actions, wrapped his arms around me and pulled me towards him instead. I felt my heart jump in my chest when he held me in a protective hug and rested his chin on top of my head. '' Will you stop leaning over the railing? I am not letting you fall over by accident. Who's gonna hold my box of tools for me if that happens? ''

I sighed and looked at my palms. Just like always, they were covered with marks and blisters from working. '' Did I really lose it? My touch? ''

Chanyeol shook his head and smiled brightly. '' Silly, you can't loose something that you never had- ''

He stopped in the middle of his sentence to scream, because Haneul suddenly stepped on his foot. She nudged him like he nudged her earlier before she mimicked his bright smile. '' What he meant to say was that the touch is not here... ''

She pointed towards my hands and her smile grew wider. Then she poked the spot on my chest where my heart was. '' It's here. It has to come from the heart. That's why the wildlife documentary wasn't as good as it could be. You accepted the job request that you got, but you weren't really filming what you love to film. ''

Baekhyun and I stared at Haneul with surprised expressions on our faces. Then the corner of my mouth twitched and curved in to a mocking smirk. He was the next one to chuckle and start mimicking Haneul's heartfelt speech before he rolled is eyes and said: '' So that's why you're here. Admit it. You are looking for someone that would work for free for the beginning of summer festival! ''

Haneul let out an awkward laugh, before she turned towards Chanyeol, pulled on the sleeve of his shirt and whisper yelled: '' I told you that we should've come here first! There was never any possibility that the basket of muffins that the mayor gave us as bribing material, would survive all the stops that we made on the way to the lighthouse! ''

'' Hey, I was the one that said that we should come here first! Also, the basket of muffins would've survived if you wouldn't have eaten the last two on the bicycle ride here! '' Chanyeol snapped back at her. Haneul threateningly narrowed her eyes at the sound of his response and he stuck his tongue out before smiling at Baekhyun and I again. '' No... It's not completely for free. ''