chapter 9

***

***

'' A ghost. ''

Haneul never hesitated to get involved in other people's business, but on that day she took it way over the line and we found ourselves dealing with the undead.

'' A ghost? '' 

'' Are you sure it wasn't just somebody hanging up white sheets and the rest of their laundry? ''

Haneul elbowed Chanyeol and nearly knocked him of the tree that we were sitting on. It was growing just down the street from our inn and it's leaves and blooming flowers made it a perfect spot for hiding from work. I was always struggling to climb up, but the two of them were used to it. They still never helped me get up and one time Haneul even filmed me hanging from a branch and clinging on to it like my life depended on it, before I finally managed to lift myself on it.

I frowned and prepared to jump of the tree again. '' I can't believe I am missing work and risking getting caught by my sister or lady manager for something like this. You said that you wanted an urgent meeting to talk to us about something important! This is too much even for you! ''

'' I will lead the Hando island lady ghostess to your room and personally make sure that she will haunt your nightmares and follow you for the rest of your life if you do not listen to what I have to say, '' Haneul coldly warned, clenched her fist and raised it towards me in warning. A shadow fell over her features and she stared towards me with no mercy. I couldn't help it but to think how strange she looked promising my death while sitting on a tree branch and surrounded by blooming pink cherry blossoms.

The only reason that I really decided to stay was because of the job that Jinah gave me. There was a surgical mask covering my face, gloves were on my hands and I had all of my other equipment set up on the ground and leaning against the cherry tree that we were sitting on. She told me to get rid of a wasp nest that they found on the roof and I had no idea how to go about doing that. I tried to beg her to call a professional, but apparently Baekhyun and other people like that who accepted random jobs already denied it. Now I was cursing their existence and trying to stall as much as possible, because I was sure that I was going to either end up falling of the roof or dying because of the wrath of the wasps that were about to lose their home.

Chanyeol smirked and raised his eyebrows. '' Hando island lady ghostess? It already has a name? '' 

'' I may or may not have named it myself, '' Haneul shyly admitted and ran through her blonde hair with her hand. Her eyes glistened under the sun and she got a little serious. '' I want to be remembered for something! ''

My eyebrows furrowed together with confusion. '' You want to be remembered for naming a ghost that probably doesn't even exist? ''