Reading

"Hey Addy" My eldest brother says getting my attention as I run into him in the halls of Kensington Palace. I mentally groan as I haven't talked to either of my brothers or their girlfriends since the night I got drunk off my ass a week ago.

"Yeah Wills?" I ask slowing my pace so he could catch up.

"I'm leaving this afternoon to go see Kate's family in Reading. They've invited you along too." He tells me

"Oh well how nice of them." I say to him

"Yeah! So maybe you should have your ladies in waiting pack you while we are at breakfast with Granny." He tells me and I look at him confused.

"I said it was nice of them. Not that I was going." I say

"Oh come on Carole is dying to see you. She's been asking me about you for weeks!" William begs as we continue walking "Besides you need a break from the palace. Come with me. Please?"

"Go with you where?" Granny asks as we walk into her room.

"William wants me to go with him to the Middleton house this week." I tell her giving her a kiss on her cheek "Hello Gran"

"Well why don't you?" She asks me as she gives William a kiss. Him having to bend quite a lot. "We all need a royal break sometimes. I think you should go."

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeee" William begs in my face as I cross my arms with an annoyed look.

"Walter" I call to my butler

"Yess Miss." He asks

"Please tell Natalie to pack me a week bag for the Middeltons." I tell him and he nods with a smile and walks out as William hugs me.

5 hours later:

"Please just at least pretend to be happy" William sighs as we walk up to the Middleton house where we are meeting Kate. She arrived last night.

"I am happy." I tell him with my arms crossed "this is the face of happy." I say and he rolls his eyes. We open the door walking into the house.

"Addy!" Carole exclaims hugging me. Kate's dad and sister aren't here this week as they are touring universities. So it's just her mom and brother. I hug Carole back and then pull apart. "How are you doing love?" She asks me ushering me to the kitchen, leaving Kate, James, and William behind.

"I'm good thank you. How are you?" I reply sitting on a stool as she cuts vegetables for a salad.

"Great!" She smiles "I am so happy you came"

"Thank you for inviting me." I tell her kindly

"Of course you are always welcome here!" She tells me "I mean let's face it. William and Cathryn are going to marry one day. You are family." She says and I smile at her. "So what's new? I heard Harry has a girlfriend now? American?"

"Yes Meghan she's lovely." I tell her "they are a good match and she has really pulled him out of his reckless phase." I tell her and she chuckles.

"What about you?" She asks me "i feel like I see you every day on some tabloid. Of course I don't pay much mind to it. Those people just spread lies and rumors anyway." She says and I nod.

"Oh haven't you heard? I'm the royal rebel... the party princess." I roll my eyes.

"I just feel like maybe you need a sense of normalcy." Carole sighs

"Yeah." I chuckle wryly "you're telling me. But unfortunately my life is far from normal."

"Well why don't you stay here?" She asks and I look at her confused.