Another Persistent Lover

Start from the beginning

Caroline turned instantly at the sound of the name that had made Klaus look speechless.

Klaus appeared right behind Lucy in seconds. He gazed at Caroline, as if assuring himself she was in good conditions.

"Well, I suppose I'll say she's cute..." Lucy smirked. "but really Niklaus you went from me to this?"

Caroline's uneasiness evaporated in a second.

"My name is Caroline, I am not an object. I'm guessing you're the sluttier version of Snow White?"

Lucy's smile turned into a snarl. Dominic looked like he was suppressing a laugh.

"Mind your tongue, girl."

"Caroline is free to say whatever she wishes," Klaus managed to mutter, trying to remain in control for Caroline.

Lucy flashed him a grin. "Ah, I remember when you would protect me like that. So strong and brave...."

She turned to Caroline. The look in her eyes made Caroline want to hurl.

"Well, obviously you must have done something pretty stupid to turn him into a complete hater of yours now."

Lucy only smirked.

"Has he taken you to bed yet? He really is a keeper in the sack. The way we'd travel each other's bodies every night..."

Caroline, to her humiliation, felt her cheeks turn red and her whole mien fall in hopelessness as Lucy confirmed her worst fears.

Klaus saw it all and snapped.

Grabbing Lucy by the neck, he pushed her hard into the nearest wall, crashing her head against it with a loud crack. A few gasps and screams he heard, but all his focus was on Lucy.

His eyes flashed yellow, teeth bared.

"Leave. Now. I never want to see you or hear from you again. You've seen me, you've had your fun, now it's time for you to leave. I will have no mercy on you if I find you again ever harming Caroline."

Lucy smirked. "Oh Niklaus, you don't understand, do you? Have you forgotten the love we have for each other? I've come back for you. Don't you remember Niklaus? Don't you remember all the fun we had?"

His hand crushed into neck.

"You've lost your mind," he hissed. "It was all a lie and you know it. Now...do not make me repeat myself."

He threw her on the ground, just as Maria Ray came striding up to the two.

"May I ask what on Earth is going on?"

"Maria, I believe you remember my last date Lucy..." Klaus' eyes remained on the floor, glaring at a giggling Lucy, rubbing at her neck like Klaus had left kisses instead of bruises.

Klaus continued.

"She has upset Caroline, upset me, and has caused unwanted chaos at the Gathering. I apologize for my part in tonight's affairs," he spoke as he bowed his head. Caroline understood he was making himself inferior to Maria so he could gain the upper hand.

Lucy brushed off her dress, rising up to meet Maria with a cocky smirk on her face.

Maria let out a low growl.

"You are to leave now. I do not want to see you in my presence ever again. You have disturbed my night as host of the Gathering and I highly suggest you not come to Paris' Gathering again as long as I am host. Now leave."

Lucy rolled her eyes before cocking her head at Dominic. He rose, gave a stunned Caroline a peck on the hand, and went to stand next to Lucy.

Before they walked out of the ballroom, Lucy turned and blew a kiss towards Klaus, mouthing "I love you".