Chapter 2

The T.A.R.D.I.S landed and the doctor excitedly left and went outside, the others following. 

Suddenly, the doctor stopped. Yaz looked at her. "What's wrong?"

"I've been here before..."

"When? What happened?"

Ryan looked around. "A library?" 

"Yep," The doctor said, a smile forming on her face.

Yaz studied her face for a moment longer, wondering what had happened the last time she was here.

Then the doctor turned to Yaz. "Oh yeah... and to answer your question, I have no idea what happened last time.... I forgot." She shrugged and grabbed Yaz's hand. "Come on, let's go."

Yaz smiled and followed her throughout the library. 

Then, Yaz heard voices coming from the lobby below.

"Doctor... do you hear that?" She asked quietly.

She stopped and let go of Yaz's hand. "Yep." She leaned over the railing to look at what was happening below.

Suddenly, the doctor ran back to Yaz, Ryan, and Graham. "Guys... this is not good. Not good at all.

"What's not good?" Graham asked. 

"I'm already here. And my wife. A bit of a long story." The doctor smiled and looked at them each in turn.

"Y-you're wife?" Yaz asked, getting really confused. And slightly jealous, but she refused to admit that even to herself.

"Yeah... I kinda forgot about that." The doctor looked slightly put out. "Anyways... why don't we check it out, huh?" She smiled widely.  

"Uh... okay?" Ryan said.

The doctor nodded and spun around, leading them down the stairs to the lobby. 

They hid behind pillars and the doctor pointed at a man. "That's me, apparently. Wow I look strange. I guess I always look strange. There's one thing that never changes." The doctor babbled on and Yaz couldn't help but smile. 

"So you change forms somehow? Is that the regeneration thing you were talking about?" Yaz asked.

"Yep." 

Yaz looked at the woman standing across from the doctor, who must have been her wife. "What's her name?" She asked the doctor.

The doctor looked at Yaz, and her face dropped slightly. "I don't know," she said quietly and looked back at the woman. 

The doctor said something to the woman and left the room, probably to chase monsters or something. Or to find Donna more likely.

Then the woman looked over to where they were standing, apparently hearing them talking.  She began to walk towards the pillars and the doctor looked at Yaz and smiled mischievously. Then, she stepped out from behind the pillars and spread her arms out. 

"Hello sweetie."