I nodded my head
"So, do you guys have certain jobs or anything?...."

Rick and Nathan both smiled, as well as Tommy and Jamey.
"Why yes my sugar cookie, we do have jobs." Rick said cheerfully, he seemed to be a talker, while Nathan seemed kinda quite, figured that he's the dramatic one with no words.
"So, Parker is the leader of course, mainly because of his older brother and the fact that Parker pretty much knows how to do everything. But, I am the hacker, I can get into absolutely anything." He smiled, giving himself a proud nod and I'm sure a mental pat on the back.

"Okay, what about you?" I pointed to Nathan.

"The brains. Plan the missions. never get caught." Very few words, but I'm sure I'll get more out of him sooner or later.

"And you two?" I turned to Tommy and Jamey.

"I'm second in command, if Parker is somewhat missing or anything, then that's where I come in." Jamey spoke.

"And I am the muscle, and also the second best driver here." Tommy smirked, very pleased with himself.

"Uh-huh... so you guys don't have anyone to handle the weapons, drugs and/or money for you guys? And you don't have look outs or spotters while you are all doing 'business'."

"First off, we don't do drugs, we might be in a gang but that doesn't mean all gangs deal and do drugs. That shit is bad for you." Rick responded.
"Damen is the one who deals drugs, not us. Also, we leave those jobs to the runners."

Damen... I had completely forgotten about Damen... my god.

"The runners?" I questioned

"Yeah. They are people, mainly freshmen or people in lower status that tend to run in between jobs. They are in a bit of a grey area, don't really call themselves as parts of a gang." Tommy said.

Wow, it was so easy to get these guys to talk, I don't think Parker would have told me any of this. He'd just tell me to stay out of it.
Wait... Parker.

"Why are you guys looking for Parker?" I asked, a tad bit worried. Should I be worried?

No. He's a dick, and does not need to be worried about.

Yeah. Right.

"He hasn't been back since yesterday. Normally we go on all of his trips with him, but yesterday after school he told us that he'd be back soon. Hasn't come back since. Won't answer his phone or anything."

Okay. Now I'm worried.
"Yeah... same with Ryder.." I said, turning around to lean against the kitchen counter

"Ryder?" Nathan asked

"Yeah. Ryder jacks. He's my brother." I said.
All four boys gasped, stepping away from me and shaking their heads.
They all turned to each other and started to mutter

"Can it be?"

"No, I thought his family died."

"This is impossible"

"I mean I can kinda see it."

"Stop that."

"Well look at her."

"No."

"Did Parker know about this?"

"He had to have."

"The odds..."

"I'm right here guys!" They all jumped and looked over at me, blinking their at me and remaining paused like a statue.
"I can hear everything you guys are saying. What is the big deal here?!" I shouted, resting my hands on my hips.
The ultimate mom move.

"Uhhh... I think we should wait for park-"

"No." I interrupted Nathan.
They paused once again.
"All of you. Sit. Now."
They did as I said.

"Now... no one is going anywhere, until someone tells me what the hell is going on."
I think shouting would have scared them, but it looked like me keeping my voice calm scarred the SHIT out of them.

And Rick was the first one to give in.
"Your family is one of the biggest gangs in this place. Well, second biggest. Of Course Parker and Damen are the biggest. But your brother is just under them. You've got power honey. More than you know. But..." he trailed off, not finishing his sentence

"But what?!"
Why is it that no one ever wants to tell me anything?

"But.." Jamey began
"Everyone believes that you are dead. Everyone believes that Ryder's family all died, which is how he got into the business in the first place. After some kind of car wreck-"

My breath caught... I didn't want to hear anymore, but I couldn't stop him...

"If Parker is with you... and Damen has already found you, then that means he knows who you are. Really Ryder, he couldn't even have changed your last name? Sent you off somewhere. It's like he didn't even try to protect you."
Jamey seemed mad now, upset. Really upset.

"Wait just a second. Let's see."
Nathan came up to me within second and immediately threw a punch, my eyes closed on instinct as I waiting for the impact to come...
but it never came.
When I opened my eyes, all of the boys were just starring at me as I looked and saw my hand had caught his punch.

Even Nathan seemed shocked.
And then a small smirk grew on his face.
"Okay, Fine. You can catch a punch. Doesn't prove anything." He said. Wow he is not a very emotional person is he?

"Umm... we have a fighting mat downstairs in the basement?.." I said slowly.
A  small smirk grew across Nathan's face as they all moved downstairs without a word.

I could hear their reactions to our basement. It wasn't exactly a regular basement. Ryder made sure that we had an entire level underneath the house. I never understood why until I found out everything. Now it all made sense. The fighting lessons. The underground secret storage area. He had a huge built in safe when we moved into the house.
And the basement, let's just say that all of the boys are drooling.
It had 3 punching bags with extra gloves, lockers, a nice big bathroom with a shower and everything (that was my part in this), along with a nice bedroom, also my part. Ryder took everything else into his own hands. A fighting arena placed square in the middle of the room.

The plastic wrappings all nicely colored and glossed. We had an area for weights, and other workout and fighting equipment.

"I think I'm gonna cry.." Rick said, sucking in a breath. I chuckled slightly at him and began to walk over to Nathan

"Let's see if you can really fight."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>