35

Jimin ran.

He ran down the stairs, out of the house, and into the woods. He let his feet carry him away without thinking of the direction he was heading in.

His heart was racing and he could feel his lungs burning, but this just pushed him to run harder. Legs moving faster and faster, he looses control and comes collapsing to the ground.

Panting and crying, he pushes up on his shaking arms to get up, but he's too weak to move.

Allowing his arms to betray him, jimin lays on the ground curled up with his knees to his chest. He releases sobs he's been holding back, taking in the comfort of being alone.

Jimin felt so stupid. The boy he loved... loves, so much is falling for his mate and he knew it.

And although he's always known this was a possibility, it fucking hurt. It hurts knowing that the person you call yours is slipping out of your grasp. It hurts watching the person you still call yours look at another in a way they have never looked at you.

Time has no place when it comes to love: you can know someone forever, but then being with someone else for a few days can make you happier than you've ever been before.

And jimin wasn't stupid, which is why he knew he had to start letting go. But he didn't want to. He wasn't ready.

Is it fair? That you can give so much to one person, only to have them fall for another?

Yes. It is.

Because jimin knew from the start that when he gave his heart to jungkook, he was giving him the power to hurt him as well. But he was willing to take that chance, despite it now coming back to bite him in the ass.

But he doesn't blame jungkook and he doesn't blame taehyung either. Because he knows that for some reason those two were fated for each other. And it wasn't his place to take no matter how much he wished it were.

Stupid promises, and stupid love. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

At this point jimin has let out most of his tears, so he now sits up and rests against the nearest tree that he can crawl to. Sniffling jimin closes his eyes to think some more.

Honestly, he doesn't want to go back right now.

Not tonight at least.

He's just so tired of everything. His heart hurts, his head aches, and now he realizes how tired his body is too.

Fuck jimin, you're no runner

He winces, rubbing his leg muscles that now feel like jelly.

Looking around he sees that he's in a nice little grassy area- tall grass and wild flowers scattered around.

Bambi where ya at?

Although he's not exactly sure how far away he ran, it was about 25 minutes that he was running for.

Dinners at 6...

But he's not hungry. He's not in the mood to eat either, even if he did have an appetite. He sighs to himself, I doubt anyone will notice if I'm gone for tonight anyways.

So he makes a decision: stay in his bambi garden for one night; get a grip on life; head back home tomorrow morning.

It's like my own little retreat. I can sing fucking kumbaya with the squirrels and shit.

Rolling his eyes to himself, jimin goes out to explore some more: why not? He has all day to do so.

——————

Dinner came, and although jungkook didn't know where jimin was, he wasn't too worried because he thought maybe the other went to his parents house or something.

However, an hour after dinner, jungkook hears a knock on his bedroom door. Walking over to see who it was, he's surprised to see taehyung.

"Tae? Hey, what's up?"

The younger fiddles with his pajama shirt, looking down. "H-hey, um, have you seen Minnie?"

"Jimin? Ah, no actually, I haven't. Not since we came back from our morning run. Why, what's wrong?"

"Well.. we were supposed to go downstairs and watch a movie. And we agreed to go right after dinner. But- but I've been in my room for an hour, and he still hasn't come by..."

"Oh..." Jungkook says, a little worried, but not too much. Yet.

"I-I dunno, maybe he forgot or something..."

But Jungkook shook his head. He knowns jimin; he knows the boy wouldn't just leave taehyung hanging without giving him reasons first.

"Tae, you stay here for a few minutes okay? I'm gonna run over to his parents and see if he's there."

But taehyung shook his head, "Can I um.. go with you?"

Noticing the younger was wearing a matching pajama set of white fluffy bottoms and top, jungkook smiles, "tae, you're in your pajamas... which make you look really soft by the way... but it's okay. I can go."

Taehyung shuffles in his place, cheeks burning slightly, "o-okay... but come back to tell me first? I'll wait downstairs for you at least."

Jungkook nods in agreement. He quickly slips on his sneakers before walking downstairs with the younger. "I'll be right back."

He heads out into the bright- but fading- evening, rushing over to jimins parents' house. Knocking rapidly on the door, he's glad to get an answer right away, "Hey mr and mrs Park! Is jimin here by any chance?"

Jimins parents greet him back, but frown slightly, "no he isn't.. is he not at yours?"

Jungkook finally feels worried, but not wanting to upset jimins parents he smiles and says, "oh, I just remembered.. he uh, he's- with... a friend! Yep, he'll be back soon! So I should... you know... head back too..."

"Okay...Thanks for stopping by though.. and for taking care of our son. He loves you so much."

Jungkook swallows what feels like a lump, down his throat, "y-yeah. No problem..."

I love him too.

But in what way?

Putting his personal problems aside, he rushes back to his house. Seeing the small male waiting for him makes his heart flutter, but he quickly relays the update, "he's not there. And he's not here..."

"So- so where is he?"

"I don't know... I guess he could be anywhere."

I really didn't wanna make jimin feel like his heart was gonna combust, but it still makes me feel bad to write about a fake heartbreak. Lol. I hate myself.