She eased her way onto the ledge. To Klaus' immense pleasure, she still clung to him as she sat down.

"Sorry," she muttered, afraid she would squeeze his torso so hard his ribs would crack.

Klaus answered with a playful tug of her curl. "You should open your eyes, Caroline. The sunrise will be here soon."

She shook her head. "When it comes, I'll open them."

Her breathing still was coming out with gasps. Klaus suddenly became desperate to ease her fears.

"Pink or red?"

"What?" Caroline's face crinkled in confusion.

"That game you taught me...I am trying it out."

"Oh...well red then."

"Italy or Spain?"

"Italy."

"Oceans or rivers?"

"Rivers definitely. Oceans are too big."

"Elijah or Kol?"

"Well...Kol's hot, but Elijah has really sexy hair...which could make him hotter..."

Klaus growled. "Never mind, wolves or dogs?"

"Well, I guess I have to say wolves..."

"Top or bottom?"

Caroline's eyes popped open at that. "Klaus! Seriously?"

"Sorry, love, just curious..." he winked at her.

"You men, all you think about is sex, but I would say...oh my god!"

Caroline looked around her. She looked down on buildings lit up, parks, lights moving below which she guessed would be cars. All of Paris, all around her and she had gone up on a hybrid's back to see it. For a minute, she forgot her fear of heights, staggered by the beauty of it all.

"So...beautiful," she finally whispered in awe.

"Yes," Klaus agreed, though he wasn't looking at the landscapes and sky around him.

"Klaus, look!" Caroline whispered louder looking off into the sky.

They watched in silence as the sun began to peak out of the Earth in the distance, casting reds, oranges, and pinks as it slowly rose casting light to Paris.

"To think that it was just on the other side of the world..." Caroline muttered to herself. She was astonished she hadn't appreciated a sunrise like this before.

Klaus remained silent.

"Klaus?" Caroline turned to gaze at him, just in time to see a tear slide down his cheek.

Without thinking, Caroline wiped it away.

"Klaus, what's wrong?"

A soft smile crossed his face. "Nothing is wrong, love. There is absolutely nothing wrong."

She gazed at him in confusion. "I don't understand..."

"I know you don't understand, Caroline. And that is good. Come, let's take you sight-seeing."

Caroline silently climbed onto Klaus' back. As they descended, she wondered what could have possibly made the great beast cry.

Klaus and Caroline found themselves sitting on a bench along the Seine, eating chocolate croissants. Caroline had somehow managed to get chocolate all around her lips and Klaus was struggling not to kiss her to clean it all up.