"But that is exactly what you want of me! Did you not just say you wish to own me and possess me? You are no better than him!"

"Then you were not listening love," Klaus spoke evenly, though she could hear slight anger in his voice. "I spoke of belonging, not possessing. I would never use you to my advantage, as if you were one of my hybrids. You are far too precious for that. If I ever won you, I would give you everything you asked for. Whatever you desired, I would make it my goal to find your desires and relieve you. You would be my partner, you would belong to me and in this way I would belong to you. You are no prize Caroline, not made for possession but for continuous privilege and royalty. I aim to give it all to you. Have I not made myself clear? Do you not understand your value?"

Caroline was silent. It was a moment before she opened her mouth and said one word, "No."

Klaus took her hand and held it to his chest. It pained him that she could not see her own beauty.

"Caroline," he said. "Caroline, look at me,"

She finally looked up at him, staring with fire in her eyes. She was radiant.

"I once asked you to take a chance and get to know me. Let me prove to you that what I said is the truth. Caroline...take this chance with me."

They stood staring at one another, one with hope, the other with anger and confusion.

Klaus finally whispered in a very low voice, praying that this would be the key to changing her mind. "I dare you..."

That shook her. A fresh look of a challenge sparked in her eyes. She gave him a final look before removing her hand from his and moving towards the opening of the restaurant.

"I hear dance music," she said simply.

Relieving his lungs of air he didn't know he was holding, he followed her.

Caroline never said no to a dare, even if it was Klaus. He spoke as if he really did value her and her wishes, but somehow Caroline could not fully believe him. Being valued was new to her, even her friends didn't ever put this much appreciation out towards her. She also couldn't help but suspect Klaus had to be up to something. His romantic speeches confused her; they sounded so real, yet so different coming from the evil hybrid she first knew him as.

"You distrust me," Klaus' voice shook her away from her thoughts.

Her hands rested lightly on his shoulders. His hands around her waist. The soft music was creating a peaceful atmosphere, as the other couples swayed together on the dance floor.

"Yes," she replied honestly. No use hiding anything from him. "But I did agree to take a chance, didn't I?"

"That you did, love," a genuine smile crossed his features, making him look much handsomer than before. Caroline gave her head a shake. She had promised not to let him win tonight, hadn't she?

"So, I think that it is only fair that since I agreed to one of your suggestions, you agree to one of mine," Caroline said with an air of superiority.

Klaus smiled. Here was the girl he fancied, with her loveable charm. He hoped her wave of hurtful memories had passed.

"So we are going to play a get to you know you game."

"A what?" Klaus looked at her puzzled.

"You know! A game that people use to know people better...you seriously don't know?"

Klaus shook his head.

Caroline groaned. "Okay so for example you ask me, 'Vanilla or chocolate?' and I would answer, 'Vanilla,' because that is what I prefer of the two. And tada! You know one more thing about me! Understand?"

A Persistent Loverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें