The First Date Part 1

Start from the beginning

"No. I'm too smart to tell you everything about myself, Klaus."

Klaus moved down the long aisle seat, coming close but not too close to make her feel uneasy.

"What is your favorite color?"

Caroline stared.

"What?"

"Color, Caroline, what is your favorite color?"

"Well, today it's pink. Yesterday it was red."

Klaus gave her a quizzical look.

"I change colors day to day," Caroline said defensively,

Klaus chuckled, giving her an admiring look. "See, that wasn't such a bad thing to know about you, now was it?"

"What's yours?"

Now it was Klaus' turn to look surprised. "My what?"

"What's your favorite color, don't you have one?"

"Light blue," he answered without hesitation.

"Why?" Caroline was determined to turn the tables on him.

"It's the color of your eyes."

Klaus compelled themselves a private section of the restaurant, much to Caroline's dismay. A waiter arrived at the table with two wine glasses, filled with a dark rich red liquid.

"Wait, is this..."

Klaus nodded his consent, taking a blood filled wine glass. "I have a special friend here. And none but the best for you darling."

"And, it's from a blood bag," he continued, addressing her cold stare.

Before taking her first sip, Klaus stopped her with his free hand to her drinking glass.

She looked up with question.

"Cheers to a lovely evening with a very lovely woman," Klaus tapped her glass and took a sip.

Caroline took a small sip. Feeling the rich warm liquid slide down her throat, she had to force the glass down before drinking all of it in one gulp.

"So Caroline," catching a hint of nervousness in smug voice, Caroline looked up. "Was it I who inspired you to go out and see the world?"

Under the arrogant countenance, Caroline could see little sparks of hope flickering in his eyes. She felt a rush of power at the thought that she, Caroline Forbes, could make Klaus the hybrid feel nervous.

You asked for it big boy.

"Oh I don't know," Caroline feigned pondering as she watched Klaus' eyes become more and more childlike. "I had always wanted to see London. And I was more inspired to get out because of chaos in town more so than because some old hybrid told me I should get out."

"Then perhaps I reminded you there was a world out there that you could escape into?"

He didn't give up, did he?

Caroline shrugged, hoping to put an end to the conversation.

Luckily the food arrived. Klaus had apparently ordered before they arrived, giving the cooks time to prepare half of the meals on the menu.

"You don't have to eat everything love, it's more of a buffet if you will."

"Why are you doing this?"

Klaus raised his head up from cutting some pork, an eyebrow raised. "Doing what darling? Giving you a buffet?"

"No!" Caroline threw down her knife. "Wasting a month trying to find me! Taking me out to eat in a limo! Telling me your favorite color is the color of my eyes! And yes, buying me a buffet! Why are you doing this?"

Klaus continued to gaze at her. Suddenly, his hand reached out and swiped his finger across the corner of her mouth. Caroline froze at the sudden feel of contact. Eyes never leaving hers, he brought his finger to his lips, tasting the blood leftover from her drink.

"I fancy you Caroline. I find you beautiful, strong, honest, stunning, entertaining, and most importantly you are full of light, something that a vampire doesn't normally possess. I wish for you to be mine. I wish to show you the world, one city at a time, and give you everything that your heart desires and deserves. I have all the patience in the world, Caroline. I won't stop for anything until you belong to me and me to you. I will never stop trying, love."

Caroline couldn't say anything. How could she? She stared disbelieving at him.

"Now eat up love, your dinner is getting cold."

It was going to be a long evening.