1 • Back into town

~~

                                           ~~

Elizabeth silently sat in the back seat of the black taxi, fidgeting with her seat belt, while listening to music with her Earphones in.

Instead of sitting in the front seat next to the driver, she sat in the back, diagonal to him. This avoided awkward small talk she often encountered.

Instead, she stared out of the window, deep in thought as she caught glimpses of the different cars and people going past.

Music was important to Elizabeth.

She found that it usually calmed her nerves and helped her through many situations.

This is mainly the awkward and odd conversations where she wanted to avoid talking or interacting to people.

Her music taste varies with a lot of different genres and types of music. She really just had different genres for different days and moods. Despite listening to their songs often, she can never to seem to stop listening to AC/DC or Panic! At the Disco.

As the taxi neared closer and closer to her old home town, she began to feel more familiar with her surroundings.

Recognising a few buildings and houses, nervousness and Butterflies began to fill her stomach as she thought of how her old friends would react to seeing her after all this time.

It's been at least 3 years since she left Mystic Falls and 2 years since she abandoned her old coven, this includes some family members.

She doesn't like to talk much about her family as she didn't get along with most of them. Her parents and most of the coven members would treat Elizabeth unfairly due to the fact that she was a Syphon and not a "pure" witch. She was often called an "abomination." 

The only family member that she ever truly got along with was her brother, Evan, who travels far often, so she rarely gets to see him.

Elizabeth promised herself that she was going to try not to use her magic as much or Syphon anyone to gain her magic, as she struggles with the control of her magic.

The last time she was in Mystic Falls there wasn't a major problem with the Supernatural.

Most of the humans still believed that the random deaths in the town were animal attacks

There was, of course the council, but they didn't know about Syphon's so Elizabeth was neutral with them.

Elizabeth wasn't very worried about bumping into vampires or any supernatural creatures.
Little did she know that some of her friends were involved.

As she still stares out of the window, deep in thought, she jumps up from her seat in shock as the taxi driver snaps his larger fingers aggressively in her face.

Pulling out her left earphone she says to the taxi driver. "Sorry, what did you say?"

The grumpy looking driver huffed and pointed to the window emphasise the fact that they have reached her destination and are parked outside of the Mystic grill.

"You owe me $20." He mumbles.

"Oh, ok that's not too bad I guess..." Elizabeth says while trying to find her purse from out of her handbag.

Handing him the money she gets out of the taxi and gathers her heavy bag and suitcase from inside of the car boot. Her bags were mostly filled with many Grimoires and clothes.

As she watches the taxi slowly drive away she turns around and begun the head into the Mystic Grill.

She wanted to go their before going to her apartment, as she has been craving a pink lemonade from the grill for months. It used to be her favourite go to drink when she lived back in Mystic Falls.

While sitting in a booth and waiting for a waiter to take her order, she scans her eyes around the room looking for anyone she recognises from years ago.

"Hey! Lizzy is that you?" she hears a cheerful male voice say.

Turning her head around and pushing her hair away from her eyes, she sees Matt with a big grin on his face in a Mystic Grill T-Shirt.

He looked a lot different from when she had seen him last. He had defiantly hit puberty and grown a lot more. He was obviously still athletic judging by his figure.

"Yeah, hey Matt! It's been a while" Elizabeth says while pulling out her other remaining earphone from out of her ear and unplugging the earphones from her phone.

"When did you get back? You look so different since the last time I saw you!" Matt practically shouting, causing some strangers to glance in their direction.

"I just got back today, literally a few minutes ago, this is the first place I came to"

" I'm guessing you want a pink lemonade then?" He asked while writing something into his notebook.

"You read my mind" She says giving him a small grin as he walks away to make it.  

                                  ~~

After Matt gave Elizabeth her Lemonade he had to leave as his shift was over.

As she stirs her drink with her straw, watching her ice cubes slowly melt, she hears the bell, ring meaning the door has been opened and someone has entered.

She looks up to see her one of her old closest friends Bonnie Bennett.