Shot 8-Fresh Start or Past Returns?

I took a quick shower before rushing to the closet. I had to find the perfect dress but somehow none of the designer clothes in my closet seemed appropriate. I realized that I was too excited for this to be normal but that analysis could wait for now. I went through a light off white saree and quickly grabbed it,for keeping it grounded. I wore my favourite necklace. I slipped on some strappy heels and ran a brush through my hair. I didn’t want to overdo it so after running a hand through my hair, quickly applied some peach flavoured lip gloss and mascara. I grabbed my bag and rushed downstairs.

Naksh was on the phone when I got down but he quickly shut his phone off when he saw me. I smiled at him and blushed when I realized that he was checking me out. I averted my gaze and let him continue. It was the first time I’d made an attempt to dress nicely otherwise around him .He too for a change wasn’t wearing a suit but casual jeans and a crisp blue shirt which went really well with his eyes. I tried not to stare but failed miserably. We stood in the middle of the living room awkwardly, waiting for someone to break the silence. The staff was watching us curiously as if waiting for one of us to throw a tantrum.

“You look beautiful” Naksh smiled and I knew  beginning to colour  red to my cheeks again.

I muttered a feeble thank you and allowed him to lead me outside. He told me to wait..

He stopped the car in front of me and the car door lifted up. I  took my seat, appreciating the interior. I’d never been a car person myself and had always preferred my bike to dad’s expensive car collection but even I knew a beauty when I saw one.

“You like it?” Naksh asked me, smirking slightly.

“Ya The seat …it’s very smooth and soft.” I said after a while and he laughed loudly as he drove out of the house.

He kept laughing until we pulled up in front of a  cafe. I immediately started panicking, I knew way too many people in this area to not experience another incident like the one at the airport. I opened my mouth to say something but Naksh was already out of the car. He was coming to my side and my brain refused to think.

“Why did we come here Naksh?” I asked him innocently as he led us to the café. I cautiously checked the area knowing I was being paranoid.

“This place has the best coffee in the city trust me.”

I nodded as we entered the homely looking café.
We were just going through the menu when Naksh’s phone buzzed. It wouldn’t stop ringing so he shot me an apologetic smile and left the café to receive the call. I signaled for him to leave and busied myself with going through the list of all the amazing breakfast options. I was absolutely starving.

I didn’t hear a man approach the counter and order a double chocolate mocha. But few moments later I did hear was a voice say my name and that voice sent a shocking fear all through my body.

“keerti” He breathed and I whipped my head around to convince myself that I was delusional.

I wasn’t dreaming. He was standing there looking exactly as I’d left him. He wore a shirt a size too big for him, his jeans were faded . His brown messy hair somewhat obscured his blue-grey eyes. But it was in those very eyes that I noticed change.  His face looked tired and there were bags under his eyes. There was light stubble on his face, something he detested. Right now his face was a mask of shock and I knew it mirrored my expression.

Adi!There he was, the love of my life standing a few feet from me and I couldn’t just go and run into his arms. With shaking legs I got up and started walking towards him and he did the same. The café was room sized so were within a two feet distance in a matter of minutes. He stood in front of me, looking like he’d seen a ghost.

“It’s really you?” he whispered as he gently touched my face . I closed my eyes and relished his touch.  The tone of disbelief was so heartbreaking and full of love that I nearly broke down there and then.

I didn’t know when the tears started coming out but before I knew it I was sobbing into his chest, crying like I had never cried before. They were tears of joy, of grief, of loss and of love. I cried as he rubbed his fingers over my hair to calm me down.

“Shh Keerti , everything’s going to be okay. Main agaya hoon na.” He said and I nodded believing him. I didn’t want to let him go, not ever.  We went out to avoid the embarassment of people looking at us.

When the cold air hit my body I began to think more clearly. I lifted my head from Adi's chest and wiped away the tears that blurred my vision. I looked all around for the car that I knew would stand out amongst its surroundings. It wasn’t here, he wasn’t here.

My mind whirled as I started to comprehend the situation I was in. Had Naksh planned this all along? Would that explain his absence? Had he set up Adi and me together?

As much as I wanted to figure out my husband’s actions I had a much more important issue to deal with. I looked at Adi who was looking at me worriedly, was it finally time to tell him the truth?

“Keerti do you want me to take you home?” He asked and I knew which home he meant.  He’d never let me out of his sight until he knew what had happened a month ago didnt Aditi tell him everything I wondered.

You disappeared… I had no idea where you were, I didn’t know how to find you. I was losing my mind Keerti. Your parents said you’d left for a while because you  had a fight and then my sister told me u ditched me for rich brat. I can’t believe they expected me to believe that crap.” He said bitterly and looked at me as if he expected me to acknowledge what he’d said and tell him a more reasonable explanation, one that would make everything alright. How do I tell him that anything I could say would be ten times worse than what he’d already heard?

“But u came here for Tara' s wedding na ,Something happened that day… " he asked
"I don’t know how to tell you this and I’d rather you not know what happened just lemme go.” I felt my voice cracking.

“What? You were missing for a month Keerti and I was going out of my mind trying to find you. Do you really think that I’d be able to let it all go I would let u go?” I winced at the sound of my full name and his harsh tone.

“I think it’s better if you do. Letting what happened go, letting me go is the best thing that you can do right now. You deserve better than me Adi, please just accept that.” I said as I looked at him pleadingly.

“Are you hearing urself? What’s gotten into you ? If you want to break up with me then tell me. I can handle it, just don’t give me the ‘you deserve better’ speech.”

“When we were together you were my entire world.” I said honestly, my heart squeezing with pain.

“Then why did you leave me?” he said and I opened my eyes..

“I didn’t have a choice” I whisperred.

“I’m not a choice , you’re stuck with me no matter what you choose.”

No matter what I choose…no matter what I choose.  Im legally married to my sister’s fiancé? I know u  love me but love could only go so far…

Aditya looked at me all pale and broken..I couldn't help wat I said this was the truth how bad it might sound it had to be out before he builds any false hopes about us..
I hated Myself that moment and I hated my Great husband and his sacrificing skills the most who put on this entire act just to get me back my love..But the fact is he is not the Smart business man he seemed ,bewakoof hai woh joh sochte hai ki main chali jaungi aise unhe chodke iss haal mey.
Aur unse badi bewakoof main joh itne dinon mey yeh nahi samaj payi ki mujhe yeh sirf shaadi nahi rokhra hai aage badne se par Naksh he is in my heart now woh kiss woh dard woh gussa woh concern sab issliye tha because of the fact that now I see him as My husband not my sister's fiance anymore..I loved when he protects me calls me as his wife and love when he opens up to me gets vulnerable and hugs me considering me as his life his companion...."Well Played Mr.Husband now I cant even hate you but Offcourse I can question you I have that right"I concluded..