Part 30

I jog up to Izuku and he jolts in surprise at my sudden appearance.

"D-did you hear the whole thing?" He asks looking everywhere around us.

"Yeah," I sigh, "And I unfortunately wasn't the only one. Bakugo also heard the whole thing." His blood seemed to have drained from his face. I placed a hand on his arm and pulled him closer. "Don't worry. If he tries to talk to you about it, I believe you'll know what to tell him." He nods his head, still looking stressed, but he pulled me into a hug, wrapping his arms around my waist, and I hug him back. We stand there for a minute and separate before we get yelled at by a passerby. "Come on, we should go inside before the final tournament starts, and I want to get some juice before then. K? How about you," I softly pinch his cheeks and shake his head around, and smile, squealing with a baby voice, "You want some juice baby? You want some juice before the big battle?" He couldn't help but laugh out loud and nuzzle his head in the crook of my neck in a fit of chuckles. I held him close. When he let out a big sigh, he let go, kissed me on my forehead, gave a quick peck on the lips, and pulled on my hand.

"Yeah, lets go." He smiled wide, making me blush. We walk hand in hand to get some juice and walk back to our friends, waiting for the final event. 

(Time Skip)

We stand in the arena again, listening to Midnight's announcements until they are stopped by one of our classmates Mashirao, who withdraws from the competition, along with a few other students. It confused me but when he explained why, I understood and leaned into Izuku.

"All of them were on the same Calvary Battle team. Do you think what ever happened to them was because of someone on their team? Like someone with some type of quirk that messes with the mind in some way?" I wonder, he stares in thought.

"You mean like a hypnosis quirk?"

"Maybe. If it's that kind of quirk, or something related, then they must be powerful, but no one in our class is like that, so that must be someone from class 1-B or another class. I'm not too sure."

He nodded. "You could be right. Look out for them, alright?"

"Yeah, you too." 

Later when everything was in order and the arena was set, the first match was between Izuku and someone named Hitoshi. All the classes seated in their own stands and it was time for the match to begin. I was flipping through Izuku's book because he told me to keep safe till he got back, and read through some of the heros he took notes on. Everyone soon began screaming in an uproar. 

Frustrated from the loud interruption I look back and was hurriedly explained on my green haired boyfriend's opponent and what is going on by Yaoyorozu. I walk to the railing and see Izuku walking to the edge of the arena towards defeat. He was hypnotized. I had the urge to yell but I took in one deep breath, calm myself down and continue to watch. Everyone is yelling, trying to get his attention for him to stop. Ochako and Iida shake my arms.

"Why aren't you freaking out!? he's about to lose!" Ochako squeals in fear.

"She's right!" Iida sharply gestures his arm at me. "He's about to throw away all he has worked so hard for!"

I shake my head. "What do you expect me to do?!" Then an explosion happened. We all look back. He stopped before he crossed the arena's barrier, his finger seemed to be bruised and possibly broken. All Might told me how he's trying to help him control the power he uses so that doesn't happen. Izuku then goes back towards Hitoshi, who says many things to try and get him to reply, but ends up getting pushed by him. After a bit of resistance, Izuku had won by throwing Hitoshi to the ground and getting him out of bounds. "See?" I look to my friends, swiping the sweat from my forehead. "Now if you don't mind, I need to go use the restroom." I leave, handle my business, and start to walk back.

On my way back to the stands, I saw Todoroki and the Hero Endeavor talking to each other. I listen in and hear the hero instigating the boy to use his fire power, but Todoroki promptly refuses and says he will rely on his mother's power. The more the tall hero pushes on, the angrier I got, and I moved forward towards the two.

(Narrator's P.O.V)

"Hey Todoroki!" Y/n calls with a smile. They both look in her direction with Todoroki in surprise and Endeavor in confusion. "What are you doing out here? You know you're up next?"

He nods. "Y-yes. Well, I should-"

"We were talking little girl." Endeavor glares down at her. "Run along, we're not done here."

Y/n stops in front of him and stood by Todoroki's side with crossed arms. "No." 

His eyebrow raises in annoyance. "What?"

"You're tall, so I guess you can't hear me from up their, but I said nooo~. Todoroki needs to get to the holding area before his battle starts."

"You got one last chance girl." He starts to growl. 

"Or what? What will you do, huh? Number 2 Hero?" He growls as she taunts him. Todoroki puts a hand on her shoulder. 

"It's okay L/n. I'll handle him, you go on." 

The bold girl looks him in the eye. "You've handled him long enough." His eyes widened. With a smile she says in a soft voice, "I'm serious, I got this, you go on. Can't win a contest if you're not there right?" He hesitantly takes a step back, nods with the slightest smile, thinking 'thank you', and walks to where he needs to be. She turn towards his father and huffs.

"You don't know who you're messing with girl." He warns as his eyes seem to get dark.

Her eyes grow cold. "I could say the same for you. But don't worry, I know who you are. You're the 2nd rate hero who believes in being an asshole whenever he feels like it to not only students, but his own family."

He growls out loud and drops his arms as his fists started to ball. "You don't know a damn thing about me or my family. Who told you all that shit? Shouto?"

"No he didn't need to tell me. You just did." The girl emits a small sinister giggle that makes Endeavor's blood boil. "Wow, I didn't know you were this stupid. You're getting played by a first year student." The angrier he gets by her comments, the more wild his fire burns outward. She notices and laughs even more. "Your attitude is even more shit than your parenting skills. But I guess I shouldn't expect anything more from the number 2 hero, huh?" And with that she left the fire hero standing there in a mad fury, and a smug grin on her face. 

"Y/n? What are you doing out here?" She heard All Might call to her from the end of the hall.

"I was just going to the restroom and ran into Endeavor over there." He snapped his head up in surprise and looked behind her. Sure enough he was still standing there looking like he could commit murder any second now. "As you can see, I don't think he and I would make good friends. You should probably try to calm him down, cause I may make it worse if I stay. I have to go anyways. My match is after Kaminari's." Once again she left, this time, without interruption. All Might sweat dropped as the number two hero was glaring at him now.