Red Rooster Rockout (TJ's POV)

{R}{E}{D} {R}{O}{O}{S}{T}{E}{R} {R}{O}{C}{K}{O}{U}{T}

A surprise guest at Mic Night has everyone speechless.

Or the one where T.J. raps a song about Cyrus.

This one is one of my favorites I have written so far. I really hope you enjoy.

TJ's POV

Bowie reads off the clipboard for mic night and starts reading it off.

"So we have Jonah singing a song, Amber doing a tap dance number and Andi and Buffy doing magic.  Anyone else want to sign up?"

Everyone looks around but no one else raises their hand.

"That's okay." Bowie says smiling. "Hopefully you can make it out tonight! Remember it's at 6pm and if you were too shy to raise your hand, the clipboard will be out until 4:00 today!"

I look at the clock and sees that it says 3:30. I don't even know why I'm considering doing this thing anyway.

I see Cyrus run up to Andi and Buffy getting excited for their act and talking to them about it.

Oh yeah. That's why.

Cyrus Goodman.

A good man.

A nice guy.

A guy that would not want to be with me.

I know that if I performed the rap I have in mind, he'd never know it'd be about him.

Would others know though? Does it matter if they do?

I look at the clipboard. I won't risk it. I won't sig-

"Hey. Scary basketball guy. What's got you that deep into thought?"

You

"Hey you know my name now Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin. Why are you not using it?  Honestly nothing major. Just basketball and my stuff."

Cyrus smiles and responds"Well maybe you should let some of those thoughts out and into the world. Sign up for the Rockout"

I take a deep breath and look at Cyrus for a few seconds.

Before I could say anything, his eyes get wide, he shoves the clipboard in my hands and mumbles something fast while rushing away.

Classic me. Can't keep a good anything for nothing.

I'm gonna do it though. Cyrus' advice is usually right so he wouldn't lead me wrong.

I sign up and head home so I can work on the rap.

*Time skip to the show*

"Welcome to the show everyone! Glad to see some familiar faces along with some new. With that being said, Let's welcome Amber for her tap dancing performance!"

Claps are scattered across as Amber starts tapping her life away.

I watch from backstage and gulp. Did I really sign up for this?

Cyrus comes up to me.

"Hey TJ. I'm really glad you signed up for this. You're going to do great."

"Well if my underdog says I will then I have nothing to worry about right?" I say smiling even though I am nervous as hell on the inside.

"Hey! I said your name, why'd you say my nickname?" Cyrus says with a pout on his face.

"Nicknames are still my thing." I say while putting a arm around him. "You know what I'm saying?"