Chapter 28: Appetite for Destruction (Hiccup)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Well, I better ask Fishlegs. This was his idea."

"You're gonna fly all the way back to Berk?" I smirked at her before pulling out a piece of paper and some charcoal from my satchel.

"Nope. I don't have to." I quickly scribbled down a letter asking him and Snotlout to meet us on Dragon Island.

"What's he talking about?"

"He must have some of that magic paper we've been looking for."

"He always get the good stuff."

"It's not magic paper," I laughed. "Fishlegs and I have been working on something new." I rolled up the parchment and tied it onto the leg of Sharpshot. "We call it Air Mail."

"Stupid name," Tuff cackled.

"Right."

"Do you really think that Terrible Terror is gonna fly straight to Berk?"

"Yup, and right to the Academy. Terrors are especially territorial, so, it's a natural instinct for them to return to their home from wherever they're released." Sharpshot left my arm, taking the time to snap at Ruff and Tuff before heading to Berk.

"Well, that explains why Azure snaps whenever someone gets close..." Reign trailed off, seeming to be distracted before snapping her focus back to the situation. "And how will we know if he made it?"

"When Fishlegs and Snotlout meet us at Dragon Island." I got back up onto Toothless and looked up at her. She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"If that happens, I'll kiss Snotlout on the lips." I raised an eyebrow and smirked, trying to hold back my laughter.

"I mean, I'd rather you not, but if you're so confident in your opinion..."

"Sorry, that's just the first thing I thought of." She shook her head. "I-" She looked around at all the faces below her, and suddenly turned bright red. "Yep- okay- yes -never mind," she stuttered awkwardly before patting Shriek and taking off.

"What was that about?" Tuffnut asked, looking from his sister to me.

"Not really sure..." I tried my best to forget what just happened as Toothless and I took off after her. She refused to make eye contact on our flight to Dragon Island, and despite my best attempts to make conversation, she would just stutter and just give a simple answer before focusing on the horizon.

Snotlout, Fishlegs, and Sharpshot were waiting for us when we landed on Dragon Island. I moved my gaze up to Reign, and her eyes went wide as she looked over the two of them, before glancing down at me.

"Well, look who it is. Fishlegs and Snotlout. Both right here on Dragon Island. Reign was just talking about you." I smirked up at her and puckered my lips, but my pride quickly faded as I watched her face turned red again, and refused to look me in the eye as we got off our dragons.

"Say it, and those will be the last words you ever speak." She crossed her arms, and suddenly, I felt more worried than anything else.

"Hey, are you-"

"Hiccup, I got your message," Fishlegs interjected before I could finish my question. "I knew Air Mail would work! So, uh, what's the emergency?"

"We're seeing dragons painted green on Crescent Island."

"That's your emergency?" Snotlout spat. "I was in the middle of something very important."