Chapter 8: A Quiet Night

"What do you mean he's moving here?" Suho inquires, turning his body towards me.

"Apparently he applied to residency at the hospital here before Hwan was born because they've been wanting to move to the States," I say. "And he finally got his acceptance."

"Oh," Suho says, not sure how to reply to the sudden news. "Are you gonna be okay? You moved here to specifically get away from him."

I groaned burying my face into my lap, "It's so frustrating. I wanna be so close yet so far from him."

Suho rubbed my back in comfort as I stayed silent, "C'mon love let's go upstairs, we can watch a movie and eat some ice cream."

"Can we watch-" I start to say before getting interrupted.

"The Original Lion King. Yes, we can," Suho says chuckling. I look up at him and smile he truly is a great friend. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him into a tight embrace.

"Thank you so much," I whisper.

"Alway's my love," he quietly responded. "Alway's."

~~~

"Where's the chocolate syrup?" Suho yelled from the kitchen. We were both in comfortable clothes now. Suho sleeps over quite often so I bought two pairs of men's nightwear and a shirt with jeans just in case.

"You took my chocolate syrup. Remember you ran out of it at home," I turn to face giving him an unimpressed look.

"Oh yeah," he says, scratching the back of his neck and giving me a sheepish look.

As I popped in the DVD Suho walks in with two bowls of ice cream. One with mountains of sprinkles and many more toppings while the other had two scoops drizzled with caramel syrup.

"You're insane," I comment as he passes me my bowl and sits down.

"If you try my dish you'll see why I make it," he responds as he stuffs his face.

"That is not a dish, that is a concoction of diabetes," I say putting my legs on his laps before he covered us both in a fuzzy blue blanket.

"Maybe, but that isn't stopping me from eating it," he chuckles as he unconsciously massages my legs.

"You know I never really understood the whole circle of life thing," Suho comments, after a few minutes. "I get eating each other is not allowed that's why the hyenae are banished but how do the rest of the carnivores sustain themselves?"

I roll my eyes after hearing this for the millionth time, "Stop ruining my favourite movie for me. Not everything has to make sense."

"Says the journalist," he responds making me laugh. We basked in the comfortable silence while watching the movie and eating our ice cream, but as the night went on I started to feel drowsy.

As if sensing my fatigue Suho sat up letting me place my head on his lap, stroking my hair, "Tired?"

I hum in response, "We should probably sleep."

"Love if you aren't gonna move how are we supposed to sleep?" he chuckles. After a pregnant silence and a few groans, two strong arms lifted me up leading me to my bedroom.

Suho gently placed me down on my bed and covered me up nicely. He pecked my forehead before whispering goodnight and slipping out of my room.

~~~

I woke up to the delicious smell of bacon and eggs. After a few minutes of contemplating whether I should get up or not I slowly shuffled out from my covers. I drowsily walked into my washroom to get ready for the rest of the day.

"Mhmm it smells so good," I say as I place my long brushed out hair into a top-knot bun. Suho turned around smiling placing a sunny-side-up egg on a plate.

"Well, it better! I didn't wake up early in the morning for it not to smell good," he says turning off the gas.

"That makes no sense what so ever," I say laughing grabbing two knife's and forks. We both sat down across from each other on my countertop island and started to eat.

"Now do you wanna talk about it," he cautiously asks popping a piece of bacon in his mouth.

Nodding I started, "As a friend, I want to support him because he deserves a new start, but at the same time having him here will just make my feelings for him worse."

"You know every time I'm away from him I think I'm okay. I think that I'm over him. I feel fine, but those times where I have to see him I'm reminded why I liked him in the first place." I rant.

Suho remained quiet, humming once in a while as he picked at his crumbs. Noticing his behaviour I decide to speak up, "What's wrong?"

"Hmm?" he says snapping his head up. "Oh, nothing. I'm just thinking."

I smile sweetly before grabbing our empty plates, "I'll do the dishes."

Slowly getting up Suho kisses my forehead mumbling thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to write more about Ara's relationship with Suho before getting to the juicy parts! Enjoy!