Chapter 3

Marinette's POV.

I tossed and turned all night. I was in disbelief not just about Adrien being Chat but going through all the things I said to him and how many times I rejected him. Not to mention I was going to have a child with him, that would mean we would most definitely get married. My mind was a buzz of anxious thoughts, I thought the best thing to do was call Adrien because he was probably going through the same thing. I looked at the time 2:14am, he might be asleep but I may as well try.

Ring ring.
"Hello?" A gravely, tired voice said.
"H-Hi Adrien."
"Mari? What are you doing awake?"
"The same as you, I guess."
"Haha. Tell me what is crossing your mind?"
"I just keep thinking that one day we will have a kid. That means that we will probably be married and how on earth do I deserve you?" I kept rambling on.
"Marinette." He said firmly to stop me going on.
"Yes?"
"I've been thinking the same thing. How in the universe did I end up stealing your heart. All I am is a lonely kid without a Mum. How do I deserve you?" I blushed.
"Marinette?"
"Yes?"
"Thank you."
"For what?"
"For letting me love you." With that the phone was hung up.

I sighed and sank into my pillow. Soon enough I drifted off to sleep.

Adrien's POV.

The sun shone in my eyes and I woke up. It took a moment for everything to come flooding back and I whipped by head towards the bed. Emma was gone. I jumped up and ran towards the bed. A note sat in the place where Emma should have been.

Dad,
I realised I had no clean clothes. I've gone to Mums to get some. I'll be back in time to go to school.
Emma x

I sighed in relief. And started getting ready for school. Nathalie came into my room and told me to come down for breakfast. I ate in silence. I had no idea how I was going act normal in class with my wife and daughter in the room. Before I could blink it was time to leave. I had no idea where Emma was but I had to be inconspicuous. So I hopped in the car and looked to my left, there she was. "Morning Dad."
"Emma, you can't call me Dad at school. Call me Adrien."
"You are so much like Mum. She just said the same thing to me as I was leaving."
"Well you obviously didn't listen." She laughed. We were soon standing outside the school. I gulped. "Don't worry Adrien. Jeez, that sounds weird to say. I'm your cousin." I nodded and we walked to class. As soon I stepped inside the classroom, I was glad we were early. I walked over to Ms Bustier and started to explain, "Ms Bustier, this is my cousin Emma. She is from England. She's only visiting for a short time, but I thought it would be nice for her to go to a French school for the time being."
"That's great Adrien. She is welcome to stay for as long as she likes."
"Thank you." Emma piped up. She walked to the seat next to me. Nino would just have to pick somewhere else to sit. After a few minutes people started to show up. Most people chose to ignore Emma. Chloe walked in soon after and took a look at Emma, "Adri-honey who is this?"
"Please stop calling me that Chloe. This is my cousin, Emma." She huffed and walked over to her seat. Nino came in soon after with Alya. Alya looked her up and down. "Who's this?" They asked simultaneously. "This is my cousin, Emma. She's from England and will be staying for a while." Nino nods, "I'll go sit up the back." Alya continues to stare at Emma and eventually decides to go and sit down. The bell rings, yet no sign of Mari. "Roll call everyone." As Ms Bustier continues down, she comes to Mari's name: "Marinette?"
"Here!" Yells an out of breath Mari. She shuts the door behind her, and walks over to her seat.

Marinette's POV.

I walked over to my seat and sat down. Alya turned to me wide eyed. "What?" I said faking innocence. "Adrien's cousin is here."
"Is that her?" I said pointing at Emma.
"Yeah, but she doesn't look a lot like Adrien."
"It's not like they are siblings, some cousins look completely different."
"True. She actually looks a bit like you."
"Me?!" I said nervously.
"Woah, chill out. I'm just saying she has your eyes and hairstyle, and your face. It's almost as if it was Adrien and your kid." I laughed a little too hysterically. And I saw Adrien cringe. Of course he was listening.