14

"Well, we got its attention," Tony said referring to the giant flying worm thing that was now chasing him through the streets of New York. "What's step two?" Liv grabbed the Chitauri that was on her back and threw it over her head and onto the ground before shooting it in the head. She moved the hair out of her face and let out a frustrated sigh.

"I didn't even know there was a step one," Liv muttered.

She didn't notice the Chitauri sneaking up behind her. It was just about to hit her from behind when a familiar shield flew through the air and knocked it to the ground. Liv jumped and turned around in surprise to find the Chitauri on the ground and Steve's shield lying next to him. Steve quickly picked it up and met Liv's eyes. The two gave each other a small nod before turning back to the Chitauri that seemed to just keep coming.

Liv was just about to shoot another Chitauri down when all of the Chitauri were suddenly struck down by lightning. Liv smirked as the aliens dropped to the ground before her boyfriend landed down in front of her.

"Took you long enough," Liv teased. "Hey, I came back, didn't I?" Thor asked. Liv chuckled and looked at Thor with a small twinkle in her eyes while Steve, Natasha, and Clint walked up.

"What's the situation upstairs?" Steve asked Thor referring to the tower. "The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable," Thor said. "Thor's right. We gotta deal with these guys," Tony said. "How do we do this?" Natasha asked.

"As a team," Steve told her.

"I have unfinished business with Loki," Thor said. "Don't we all," Liv muttered. "Yeah, get in line," Clint told the god. "Save it," Steve said. "Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us-"

Steve fell quiet as his voice was being drowned out by the noise coming from a motorcycle that was carrying Banner. Bruce came to a stop and the group hurried over to him. He got off and looked around. "So, this all seems horrible," Bruce told them causing Liv to let out a small laugh.

"Seems?" She questioned earning a smile from Bruce. Natasha just stared at the man and said, "I've seen worse." Bruce's smile instantly disappeared and he muttered, "Sorry." "No, we could use a little worse," Natasha told him.

Bruce just stared at her before his eyes flickered to the ground. "And Emily. Is she-" he couldn't even finish the sentence as his nerves were getting the best of him. If she was hurt in any way, he was going to lose it. Especially if he was the one that had hurt her.

"She's heading to Stark Tower with Maya. She's safe," Liv assured him. Bruce looked up at the girl and gave her a grateful smile. "Good," Bruce muttered as he nodded slightly.

"Stark, we got him. Banner, just like you said," Steve said. "Tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you," Tony responded before he came flying around the corner at the end of the street. Following right behind him was the giant creature that was taking out buildings as it flew by.

"I-I don't see how that's a party," Natasha muttered. The creature crashed to the ground, but continued to move, tearing up the street as it came closer to them. Tony flew by overhead and that's when they all noticed Bruce starting to walk towards the creature.

"Dr. Banner," Steve called out. The scientist looked at him, but didn't stop walking. "Now might be a good time to get angry," he told him. Banner smiled.