"For a thousand years I have avoided love because it made people weak... And here I am, irrevocably taken with you to the point I'd know I'd give up my own life for yours without hesitation and that scares the hell out of me."

My brows rose with his strong confession. I knew he would do anything to save me, but I also knew he didn't just peacefully live for a thousand years. He's tormented with pain and battles of surviving. So for him to say he'd give up his life for mine, scares me too. In a good way. The way falling or being in love is, the way it's supposed to be.

"I'm not going to lie and say I'm not your weakness. I know I am. And I know that's hard for you with your experiences to accept. But you also love your siblings, your child, hell, even Hayley in our crazy family dynamic. Don't make me any different than Elijah. When we save him, you're going to let him be because you know he's okay then. And if he needs you again, you'll be there and if you need him he'll do the same—"

"No. You are way different than Elijah and Rebekah. You're human. You're fragile. I have not had a thousand years with you."

"Sometimes they're fragile too and they need you," I retorted.

"But they cannot die!"

I licked my lips, nodding slowly. "Is that what this is about? Your fear of me dying?"

"Stop trying to be my therapist. We're done with this conversation. I have wolves and witches to track and interrogate. You will stay home. Don't leave this house today. Do I make myself clear?" He asked, standing up now and a foot in front of me.

"The only thing you've made clear is what an asshole you are. Don't talk to me like that or tell me what to do. I'll come and go as I please, Niklaus," I spat. "Unlike you, I'm not scared of the big bad world for a teenage human girl! Or how weak loving you so deeply makes me!"

Klaus in a flash had me pinned to the bed. My wrist pressed into the bed, held above my head with a tight grip of his right hand. My back flat against the memory foam mattress. And my legs dangling off the edge. Klaus' body hovering over mine. His legs on either side of my right knee. "How scared are you now?" He panted, eyes on my lips before meeting mine. I raised a brow at him and he used his left hand to turn me ever so quick onto my right side before smacking my ass harder than ever.

"Ow! What the hell?" I yelled angrily.

"Feeling vulnerable yet. Try to get out of my grasp," he said. Out of pure anger I tried to knee him in the crotch but his legs squeezed around my knee to the point it felt like he was crushing it so hard it would break. "How weak are you now?"

"Pathetically," I said. "For loving you so much I'm letting you hurt me right now to prove a point. This is abuse, Klaus."

He chuckled, letting me go and caressing my cheek. "No. That's a human being victim to all the supernatural riff raft in this city. I am terrified of anything bad ever happening to you. That will never change. But if I promise to try to show you the same respect and not be so over protective after an incident, will you promise to please be patient and cooperate with me when I am?"

"I promise," I assured, pecking his lips.

"Then you'll do as I said? Stay in today while I start the hunt for Elijah?"

I scowled but nodded, "only today. I'm going out tomorrow. Alone."

"When? Where?"

"Don't know," I said. "But you just promised not to be the coddling, over protective boyfriend just because I got kidnapped the other day."

"Fine. Fine. Do whatever you want tomorrow. Okay? I'm going to get ready and head out shortly."

"Mmm. Can we shower and have breakfast together before you go all badass and I don't hear from you for the rest of the day?"