He was intent on making them the opposite of their mother, blaming her angelic ways as her reason for death.

She was kind, he made them heartless, she was weak, he made them strong, she was a peacemaker so he made them merciless.

The ways in which he got them to become these things are terrifying.

Penelope bore him babies and he turned them into monsters.

When the boy, Payne was of the natural age of inheritance at the time, eighteen, his father denied him the throne to be king and because Payne could not be King his sister, Payge was then denied the role of his Second.

They were both beaten severely after their declaration for the throne.

But anger threw off the pain they felt because the twins killed their father the next day and took what they rightfully deserved. Their father's head and his throne.

Vincent territory is marked on all local maps, they own the largest lot of land in the entire half and no outside werewolf is allowed to step foot inside their land and if they did trespass, they didn't live to tell the tale. The only people allowed in and out are the ones that have been there since the land was marked as Vincent, they've never taken in an outsider other than if a member of the Vincent pack was mated to an outsider which rarely happened but even that took serious initiation, an average werewolf couldn't survive in there, the mated ones that went in were forever changed and never came back." The teacher stopped in her steps and checked to see if she still had the class's undivided attention. "So tell me guys was that the story that you wanted to hear instead of the quiz on control over your wolf?" The teacher smiled at the classroom filled with children with their jaws on the ground. "I'm toughening you all up, teaching you about the real world out there" she paused, "Come on guys, we don't live in a fairy-tale and what we teach here on control and fighting is not enough. Your parents won't tell you this story but I am letting you know that there are monsters out there. You're all big kids, you can take the truth now."

The teacher smiled, completing the lap around the classroom, holding each eleven or twelve-year old's eye as she went. She knew what she was doing. She was doing what everyone else in this pack was afraid to do, bring light to a werewolf's reality in this world and also because of the fact that Vincent Territory wasn't far from here.

This pack was the closest pack to the territory despite it being a day's journey away in car and probably the same on paws.

The teacher's brows furrowed as she went to the back of the class, if she'd been at her desk at the front of the class she wouldn't have been able to see but now as she walked to the very last seat in the class she saw the little girl with her head on her table. Her long honey blonde hair blocked any sign of a face under there but as she hid behind her hair the girl's entire body shook violently.

"Alexis?" The teacher called and instantly the girl's body froze up and she tried to contain herself but failed miserably.

"Sweetheart come here," the teacher stooped next to the girl, the entire class had turned and was currently staring at the scene.

The little girl rose her head up, her hair parting and revealing the deepest shade of blue eyes the teacher had ever seen, they were filled with tears and some were already falling down her pink face.

"I'm so sorry did I scare you with that story?" the teacher asked, feeling bad, the majority had voted for the story and she found that in these times it would be useful knowledge to the upcoming wolves. 

To provide some form of comfort the teacher embraced the girl.

The girl nodded her head on the teacher's shoulder and slowly, she began to calm down but her tears still stained the teacher's shirt.

The class didn't laugh. Not one of the thirty children in there uttered a word.

Normally at least a snicker would have been heard but she got nothing.

"There's a big bad world out there my girl, one day you'll grow up and have to see it yourself. You're aware of the wars around us, the chaos, you cannot cry dear, but take my story, take the knowledge, be aware. You're young little wolf, for now your not strong or confident to defend yourself. This story wasn't that bad, you're a big girl Alexis," the teacher cooed softly in the girl's ear. "But don't worry, one day you'll grow up, we'll train you, and you'll be exactly who you're meant to be and whatever your flaws, whatever you're missing, you'll meet your mate and he'll have enough in all of those for the both of you." The teacher smiled pulling back a bit to look at her. The girl looked at the teacher with a soft smile and nodded through the sniffles. 

The teacher grinned at her, at how her face flushed by just the mention of a mate and instantly she'd forgotten about the story that made her cry.

 Kids, She thought.

As the teacher walked back to the desk she began to feel an unsettling feeling in her stomach.

For some reason something about that little girl finding her mate made goosebumps rise on her skin. 

She couldn't say it to her but she sensed how soft and fragile this little wolf was, she'd never met someone like Alexis before, everyone had at least a fraction of a backbone. They were all werewolves, this was a tough world they lived in, no wolf like that made it out here.

Sitting back behind her desk the teacher smiled at the class as she silently wished the little girl luck.

________________________________________________________________________________

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THE PROLOGUE. VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW.

XOXO Random