o n e

One year ago.

Michael's POV:

I watch as she stands over by the bar, taking a shot of vodka every once in a while, drowning herself in the bitter taste of alcohol.

Her short black dress clings to her body perfectly, the ripped tights on her legs becoming more viewable with every move she makes. Especially when she sits on a bar stool and rests her legs on the one next to her, her dress riding up way past mid thigh.

Her bleach white hair sways as she bobs her head to the beat of 'Satisfaction' by Benny Benassi.

I've never seen her before, because I know if I had I would of remembered her. She truly is beautiful.

If I weren't such a pussy, I would go over there to talk to her. But, being the shy bastard I am, I keep my feet planted to the floor about ten meters away from her. It sucks, having her be so close but so far away.

My best friend Luke left me about half an hour ago, and I believe that a girl with dark brown hair took him into one of the stalls of the men's bathroom. I wish I could be like him; he isn't the least bit shy. And with his blonde hair, blue eyes, and lip ring, I actually think he could easily pick up any girl in the whole club. Mix his looks with a strong personality, sense of humor and courage... honestly; no one could compete with him.

When I look up to find the white hair of the girl I have been infatuated with for the past ten minutes, my heart drops when I find her pushed up against the wall, another man kissing her roughly as his hand runs up her thigh.

It's funny really how I've never met this girl, and yet I feel such a strong force pulling me towards her. Hell, I don't even know her name. Or what colour her eyes are. Or what her voice sounds like. Or if she's even single... that man making out with her could be her boyfriend, for all I know.

Is it weird to feel such a strong liking towards a complete stranger?