Chapter 1

I got out of the car and stared at the building. What in the name of fuck? It looked like a whole generation had died in the place. It was spokes central. I looked between my mum, dad and older twin siblings before looking back at the house.

“You’ve got to be kidding right. We moved half way across the country from a perfectly nice house to a haunted house in the middle of nowhere!” I shrieked turning to my parents.

“Calm down Memphis. It’s not that bad. It just needs cleaning and maybe a few flowers to brighten it up” my dad came to me and ruffled my hair before walking to the trunk and removing duffle bags.

“Mom!” I turned to my mother but she just shrugged at me. Was I the only one that got the creepy feeling that came with this house? I turned to my brother and sister but they had their headphones on and already had their bags ready to go in. “I don’t want to go in there” I shook my head and took a step back. I could swear someone was looking at me. It sent shivers down my spine, goose pimples all over my skin and tingles over me. It was totally strange.

“Memphis, just give it a try. For your father. This is the promotion that he’d been working for since forever. Come on baby” my mom smiled at me before handing me my duffle and turning to the house.  I gave a little defeated sigh and started for the house. I swear someone was looking at us. No someone was looking at me. I looked up at the big windows that lined the front of the house but nothing stood out. It just looked creepy as fuck. “Come on Memphis!” my mom called me and I hurried up to join them.

“You get the attic room squirt!” my brother Sage and my sister Jade said as they disappeared down the hall on the second floor.

“Great, thanks for that!” I called after them. At least the electricity worked besides m room would be bigger than theirs since it was the only one on the third floor. I looked around as I walked up the last flight of stairs. It looked like someone had come here earlier than us to clean the place up and I was eternally great full. I think I would have a heart attack if there were cobwebs everywhere when we opened the door. 

Sighing, I pushed open the double door that were the only things on the third floor and took a tentative step in. The first thing I noticed was that it was strangely warm. I flicked the lights on and gasped. It was fucking huge. There was a queen sized four poster bed right in the middle of the room. Like everything else in the room the spreads were white and blue and the furniture was antique looking. Right down to the sofas, the fucking huge wardrobe and the gorgeous desk. There was even an antique fireplace that looked like it had been used but I ignored it.

I walk over and glided my fingers over the wood of the desk before moving to open the huge wardrobe. My cloths would more than fit in here when the movers came with our stuff tomorrow.  I dropped my duffle inside before taking off my shoes and stripping down to my boxers. Taking a starting run, I belly flopped on the bed with a wide smile on my face. Yeah I could get used to this. I sighed into the very comfy bed. Completely forgetting the feeling that someone was watching me, I quickly fell asleep.