Chapter 15

King fell to the ground, onto his face, with a thud. Blood poured from the back of his head, forming a dark red pool around him. Marc opened his eyes, looking up to see Arjana holding her stomach, as if she was in pain, but still meeting his gaze. She extended her hand to help him from the ground. He stood up. They stared each other over for a brief moment. Marc's face was practically blue where King had hit him with the gun and Arjana was just a tad bruised all over. "You OK my love?", Marc asked as he watched her, hunched over. He could see the pain in her eyes. He placed his hand on her back.
"I'm fine, King just roughed me up a bit.", she replied back as she met his gaze. Noticing the worry in his eyes, she gained the strength to try and ignore the pain she was feeling all over. Their silence was broken by the chatter of the few guards that were left over the walkies. Marc looked about the room and noticed that the guard he was going to kill before King intervened was no longer there. He must of fled when Arjana killed the big man himself. Marc tuned back to Arjana, shaking his head as they proceeded to listen to the conversation on the walkie-talkie:

Guards: "sir Mosi? Are you OK? Answer me sir! King?! Anybody???!!
Mosi: "this is Mosi!"
Guards: "Sir! Are you OK? Do you need help! Do we need to help your father? We cannot reach him!"
Mosi: "He is dead! That bitch and that U.N. Officer are the cause of this shit! My father.....King is dead!"

Silence over the radios for a brief moment. The guards that were left were obviously just in utter disbelief from the news they were hearing. Arjana and Marc just stared at one another. "The boy.....the boy that king interru.....stopped me from killing was his son.", Marc lowly stated. He just stood there for a moment, running one of his hands through his golden blonde hair in disbelief, when all of a sudden the radio chatter started up again:

Guards: "What do you need us to do now sir?"
Mosi: "I need nothing of you. Nothing! Leave and don't come back! I will handle this when the time is right!"
Guards: "but sir we....."
Mosi: " I SAID WHAT IS SAID! THIS REFORM THIS GROUP ITS DONE!!!"
*the sound of static filled the quiet empty room.*

Marc looked at Arjana, she just gazed right back at him. He could see the look of relief come over her. Its as if her face now appeared to be softer, calmer than he has ever seen it to be. He caressed her cheek, then he pulled her in for a long, deep, sensual kiss. He wrapped his arms around her as if he never wanted to let her go. She smiled; its like the warmth from his pure love embraced her, as if they souls were lost and reunited. The feeling was amazing. A tear ran down along her face. She began to think about the day her mother was kilt. Marc whipped the tear away and said, "You got her justice love, don't cry. You've gotten everybody justice.''. Sh looked at him and smiled once more, he was right. She did it, she got justice for everyone King has hurt, stole from, killed and god only knows what else. Marc took her hand in his, as if to say we are done here, its time to go and they headed out, back into the camp.
As soon as they stepped out the door and looked around, women who had been kidnapped and being held as sex slaves were coming out of their huts looking around, smiling, crying tears of joy, just happy to finally be free. Marc smiled and him and Arjana kissed once more.
"You did it baby.", he said smiling.
"No my love, WE did it!", she replied back genuinely. "And now we have one last thing to tend to...", Arjana said as she looked off towards a hut in the distance. Marc's eyes trailed off to see what she was seeing. The little girls. The girls they promised to help. They hurriedly ran to the hut. They stood outside the door for a moment before Arjana slowly pushed open the door, "Hello? Little ones? We are back...". The oldest one came out of a closet first to make sure the coast was clear, then the other two emerged from the closet as well.
Imani, the oldest girl spoke, "We waited for you. We did what you asked ma'am.". Arjana smiled and embraced the girls with a hug. Marc stood there for a moment enjoying that moment. A moment of true happiness before he politely interrupted, "Come ladies. Let's get away from this terrible place, and get someplace safe, and get some food in these bellies. OK?". The little girls all agreed with a big smile and they all headed out the Rebel Camp and back to the U.N. Base.
After a nice long exhausting walk home, they walked through the door to their home. The 3 little girls looked around in quietly. "Since its so late, you 3 can stay with us tonight then we'll take you to the H.Q. tomorrow and they will take care of you guys OK?", Marc said to the girls. The smiled and all sat on a couch together. They began to talk and joke amongst one another happily. Arjana just smiled. Her and Marc walked to the kitchen. She began taking things from the refrigerator to cook for the girls. "And you my love, while I'm getting the girls situated tomorrow, go visit Eshe, talk to her, share the news.". Arjana chopping up gazelle meat and placing it in a pan smiled and replied, "I can't wait. I hope those girls are going to be OK though...you can tell they've been through a lot already. The younger 2, Fatima and Kilori, don't even speak....". She shook her head.
"They should be fine my love. I'll be sure of it.....I promise you.", he replied planting a kiss on her forehead, before heading back into the living room to check on the girls.
Arjana was still just worried bout them. But she put it to the back of her mind, finished up cooking a meal for everyone. They ate together, laughed and smiled, as if they were a family. They put the girls in their bed, tucked them in tight, of course only after Arjana bathed them really well. Washed their beautiful thick and curly hair. After the girls were down for the night Arjana and Marc curled up on the sofa together and slowly nodded off into a nice well needed sleep.