X

On the way to and from dinner Warren was sat in the back seat so that his wings would fit better.

It makes you wish you could help him with tucking away his wings but being as they now are metal you couldn't help.

You had taught yourself to close your wings fully. They grew out when you turned 12 and you were so embarrassed by them you locked yourself in your room till you could figure how to close them.

It took you 3 weeks to learn but you would have tiny nubs on your back. That was at least enough for you to leave the house. However it took 3 months after that for you to figure out how to close them fully.

— —

Dinner was nice and you got some bonding time with Warren. His wings, however, did draw a lot of attention to the two of you so you used your powers to turn the iris of you eye a fiery red colour to cause attention to yourself as well.

Your eyes did scare anyone you looked at and did make Warren the slightest bit uncomfortable but, he was happy you made yourself more conspicuous for his sake.

When the two of you arrived back at the school you received scared double takes from the other students and Warren quietly made you aware of the situation.

"Y/N, your eyes are still red." he pointed out.

You drained your eyes of the fire red and they returned to normal. You quickly thanked Warren and ran off to find professer so you could return his keys.

— —

"So how was dinner?" Jane questioned with excitement on her face.

"Good." You simply responded proceeding to clean your room, trying not to make it a big deal.

"Ah, come on!" Jubilee squeaked out. "Something incredible must have happened? A kiss? A present? Really just nothing?"

"Yes, really. Why does it matter anyway? He likes me, I like him, we went out. Isn't that enough to get you excited?" You knotted your eyebrows at them.

"Why were your eyes red then?" Jane proceeded to ask questions.

"His wings drew a lot of attention so I changed my eye colour to stand out too." You gave them an 'are you done yet' look.

"That was sweet of you!how did he feel about it?" Jubilee asked and Jean looked at you wondering the same thing.

"He said thanks, alright?"

"Did something happen?" Jubilee asked with concern.

"No, I'm just, I'm stressed out. Ok?"

"Jubilee, why don't we go find Scott and Kurt?" Jean said slowly shoving Jubilee out of my room.

"I'm sorry, Y/N"

"It's fine."

A/N

Sorry for another
short chapter. It's
quite fluffy though.

~Josie