VII

It's now the morning and you're putting on a simply outfit that's kinda ugly yet very comfortable, knowing you'll have to change into an X-Men uniform shortly anyway.

You here a little tapping at your door and open it to see Peter.

"Hey, Y/N, Professor is ready for ya" he says with his big old cheeky smile that strangely doesn't have the same effect on you.

"Alright!" You say spotting yourself in the mirror and noticing you hadn't removed the burns on your cheeks from crying, quickly removing them before Peter notices "Shall we get going?" You ask.

"I mean I guess so? He wants you there." he shrugs.

"Peter-  you're so stupid sometimes."

——

After the not so long walk/ride to the training space, you quickly get a... lecture?... from Raven going through what will happen.

Forget, Focus, Fight.

Easy.

At least for you. You had full control over your powers. You were one of few at the mansion that actually could.

Next thing you know, three giant robots with big eyes and grills on their chests come marching out at you.

You levitate to the eye level of the bots and two, what seemed to be electric, red whips extend from your hands that are encased in the red energy.

You swing the whips around two of the robots heads and yank the bots to the ground, tearing of their metal heads and 'killing' them.

You then puff out your wings, remembering they're a gift rather than a burden, and they light fire. Almost as if the devil popped out of you. You let out a screech of anger and pain and swoop down into the last bot, causing it to burst into flames and opening a portal in which the bot falls to dark nothingness.

"MY BOT!" Hank cries out. "I COULD HAVE RESTORED THAT!"

"No you couldn't have." professor protest. "Y/N that was..."

"Scary?" Your voice raspy and sharp from the heat of your wings that you are just now tucking away.

"incredible, astonishing, magnificent. I-I've never seen something, SOMEONE, so marvelous,"

"I guess," you nervously laugh "thank you for this chance." You say exiting the space so they can decide if you're on the team or not.

As soon as you walk out you're my by the 'oohs' and 'ahs' of your friends along with Scott on the opposite side of the hall yelping "I'll never get on your nerves again, I'm sorry, don't hurt me."

"don't worry Scott. I won't hurt you... If you stop being an ass" you say out of pure joy knowing you won't have to deal with his teasing any longer.

"I WILL! I'LL STOP!" he shrieks like your sister.

"What a Lola." You and Peter say almost in sync.

"who's Lola?" The group Mutter.

"My little sister" you laugh.

A/N

These chapters
get worse
everyday lmao

~ Josie