Chapter Two: Birthmark

Start from the beginning

“Oh no,” He sighed dramatically. “I've fallen,” He whispered, sticking his tongue out and earning a giggle from the girl.

“Hey,” Brody eased, bending down as she approached the two. Tenn sat up, offering Brody a peaceful smile.

This was supposed to be his weekend to spend at the kids’ house. Unfortunate for him, he showed up right when Violet had started to panic, Aasim quickly explaining it to him. For the past fifteen minutes he had been on baby duty, playing with the toddler and entertaining her while the others talked. “Hey Brody,”

“Not you!” Louis laughed from the couch, the group's eyes wandering over to them eagerly.

Brody sent a glare in Louis’ direction, turning back and sitting on her heels and pulling the child into her lap. “Were you playing with Tenn…?” Brody cooed, earning a clap of the hands and more excited giggles. Violet's glare faltered in the background, eyes instead watching the way Brody picked her up.  “Watch this,” Brody started, lifting the child up and quickly back down, in a superhero motion.

The child giggled gleefully, hands flying around as Brody did it a few more times. After the fourth time, Brody lowered her down, awkwardly biting her lip. “Don't kill me for this when you get back, okay?” The baby hummed, blowing bubbles, only to be flipped on her back as Brody scrunched her face up and did as she had told Violet she would do.

“Welp, Its Clementine,” Brody sighed, putting her back normally in her lap.

“A lot of people have birthmarks there,” Marlon attempted to argue, only for both Brody and Violet to shake their heads.

“Clem's shaped like a star.” Violet sighed, frowning. Marlon scrunched his face up in confusion, giving it a small shake with a ‘what the fuck’ look.  “What do we do…?”

“You have to break it,” Aasim informed. “Figure out who cursed her, find out why, ask them to reverse it.”

“How are we gonna do that…?”

“Y'all,” The group turned their attention to Ruby. “I think we might wanna...prepare for whatever we need,” She trailed off, gesturing to Baby Clem that was currently desperately trying to crawl back over to Tenn. “I don't think we're gonna’ find ‘em today, and she's gonna be….messy…”

“Okay, who's going to the store?” Marlon sighed, earning a look of disappointment from everyone. This wasn't exactly how any of them had planned to spend their Sunday.

“I'll go,” Violet offered.

“I guess I can,” Brody sighed.

“Aasim can you come…? You're probably the one that knows the most about this shit…” Violet huffed. Due to the very recent appearance of Aasim's uncle who had been separated from his father at birth, the boy discovered he had much more family than he previously thought.

“I'll go with ya's then.” Ruby added.

“Seeing as we should probably keep Clem here, I'll stay with Tenn,” Louis grinned.

“I'm definitely not staying then,” Marlon winced, earning a hum of agreement from Mitch.

“Alright, Louis, you take her,” Brody huffed, standing to her feet carefully and taking Clementine over to Louis, only for her to start crying once she was put in his arms.

“Aw, don't cry! Uncle Louis’ got you,” He grinned, setting her on his knee, only for her crying to turn into near screaming.

“Okay,” Brody cringed, having an expression battle with Louis as she took the baby back. “No Clem for Louis. Someone else wanna stay?”

“I will,” Aasim offered, Brody sighing and handing him the baby. “Hey, Clem,” He greeted, only for the baby to whimper, pushing off him.

“Here,” Ruby hummed, Aasim handing Clem off to her. Clementine hesitated almost, whimpering again as she turned behind her, grabbing the air with her hands.

“Tenn why dont-”

“Vi should try.” Louis grinned, earning a shocked look from the blonde.

“What? No! I'm not...I don't...I'm not good with babies,” She quickly defended, taking a step back.

“I've known you my whole life, and I've never seen you hold a baby,” Mitch raised and eyebrow, Ruby walking over to the blonde.

“You never know ‘til ya’ try, Vi,” She encouraged.

“Ruby, no, don't-” Violet winced as the child was placed in her arms. “Ruby, please I-”

“ io'wet!”

Violet's hard gaze immediately faltered, Brody and Louis cooing as Violet looked at her face.

“See? Ain't that bad!” Ruby laughed, grinning sweetly. Even she wasn't much a fan of toddlers, but she would admit it was very cute.

“I guess..” Violet sighed, adjusting her awkwardly and giving her an unsure look. Clementine hummed, roughly smacking her head against Violet's chest and giggling.

“Hey! I see this Clem still likes your-”

“Louis?” Violet grit, earning everyone's attention. “Please. No sexual jokes. Not while she's…”

“Yea, dude, gross,”

“Very.” Violet grit, barely glancing to Aasim with a look of appreciation. It was another few seconds, before she looked to Brody. “Now what do I do?”

“You just hold her,” Brody grinned, earning a confused glance.

“Like...How long though?”

“Until you put her down or someone else takes her,”

“Where do I put her down?”

Brody cringed, glancing around. “On...the couch, I guess? Until we get something else?”

Violet nodded quickly, prying the toddler away from her, only to stop at another cry. “No!”

“I'm sitting you down,” Violet sighed hopelessly, only for the child to continue crying.

“Wow. Clingy and likes Violet the best. Are we sure this isn't the same old Clem?” Louis hummed, earning a few chuckles and a glare from Violet.

“Alright, I guess we're going out then,” Brody started, lightly pushing Violet's back as the blonde moved to sit on the couch with Clem on her lap.

“Yeah, okay, whatever Brody. Hurry up please.”

Brody sent Violet a small smile as the others left the room, only to stop and nearly tear up.

“B'ody!”

Okay, maybe she was tearing up. Her legs quickly carried her to the couch, lips planting a small kiss on the child's head before going back to the door. “Freaking adorable,”

Violet waited until she heard Brody turn the lock, briefly glancing to Tenn who was on his phone, before looking back down at the baby in her arms. Clementine giggled, throwing her arms around as she looked up at Violet, only for the blonde to playfully shake her head and narrow her eyes. “Nun uh. Don't look at me like that. You're the one that wanted kids. This is what you get,”