chapter 5

I turn over into my side, staring out the window. The street is only illuminated by the street lights going down the street. Erika, my sister, is sleeping in the bed next to me. In our new tiny bedroom. Mom slept in a room next to this one.

I sigh. I sit up and walk out of the room. I walk out the apartment. I walk up the stairs all the way to the roof. I walk slowly over to the ledge and sit down, and stare up at the sky. I pulled out my phone to see what time it was. It was 2:18 am. The night I warm, good thing it's spring. I hear the door to the roof open behind me, I don't turn around cause I don't care who it is.

Suddenly, I feel two warm hands on my back, push me off the roof. I spin around quickly and grab onto the ledge. "Stupid bitch." I hear a female voice say. A girl walks into view, it's Patricia. She stomps on my hand, trying to make me let go and fall. Luckily for me, she's not that strong. "Just die! No one would miss you!" She yells.

"No one would miss you either." I say, grabbing her leg. "If I'm going, pure goin with me."

I let go of the ledge with my other hand, bringing down Patrick with me. I see the fear in her face as we begin falling. The apartments were only three stories y'all, with soft bushes surrounding the sides. And because of that, we both fall into bushes which soften our fall. The wind is still knocked out of us, we still have some scratches and bruises. But we didn't die.

"YOU STUPID BITCH!" She yells, pushing me back down as I begin to stand up. I lay there looking up at her. "What, got no fight in you anymore?" She says, taunting me. I stand up and swiftly land a punch in the side of her face, sending her to the ground with a hard thump. She stares up at me holding her nose as it gushes blood. "Whatever." I say. I spin around in my heels, and walk back to my apartment.