Chapter 4: Burn In Hell

Okay, so Dina is an angel and so is Watcher. No, scratch that, he's a FALLEN angel. Alright, angels are real and so are fallen angels. I can live with that. Its not a big revelations, is it?

Oh my God, it is.

Talking about God, will I have a chance to see a glimpse of him or her? I'm a curious girl who went to a religious school, so excuse me if I'm a little wild here.

And as if it's not enough, Watcher hates my guts. What did I even do to him?

And what nickname is that? Watcher? Is that even his real name. Is that what fallen angels are called?

Jesus Christ, they are angels. They are fucking angels and just how many times do I have to repeat it in my head until it can register?

Have I turned into one as well? Just the thought of it makes me break into laughter. I start to freaking laugh at the possibility of me being an angel, of angels even existing. I laugh so hard, I feel my eyes water and then out of nowhere I start to cry. Sob, actually.

Damn it, I'm going crazy. I AM crazy. I press my back against the stupid bed of this stupid room, bring my knees up to my chest and resting my chin on them, keep crying so much that I almost go numb.

Just what's happening around me? Who and where am I ? Everything feels too vogue and bizarre to believe in. Since the second I opened my eyes here I've been feeling like I was out of my skin, I wasn't actually registering what was happing around me, but the second Dina left me alone, all the realization finally crept inside my head.

I can't just sit here and wait for the answers to come. I need to find them on my own. If they think I'm going to settle in in this psychiatric looking room and wait for some angel to come and see me like a statue in a museum, they have to think twice.

I'm certainly not going to stay here for another second.

Determined what I am going to do next, I wipe my eyes quickly with the back of my hands and get to my feet. I rush to the closet and snatch some clothes off the hangers. They owe me this much.

Having the dark skinny jeans and the black T-shirt on, I sneak into a pair of black boots before taking a black cap off one of the drawers.

For angels they sure have a lot of black clothes, all of which are surprisingly my size. I've never liked being dressed in black, expect some  little black dresses from time to time, but right now I need this to stay unnoticed as I run out of this place.

There have to be other people nearby, if this is indeed a Borderline- the line between death and life, I can't be the only one fighting for my life.

I look at myself in the mirror just to make sure it's me. That I still exist, that I am not a ghost or a reincarnated version of myself.

I stare at my red hair reaching down my waist, my green eyes, my freckles and my tall frame and arms. Everything about me is me. It's me, I'm the same, except there is something in my eyes I have never seen for a long time- fear.

"Hang in there," I tell myself just like every time I did when I was feeling down. I have nothing to lose, well, except my life, but yes, I must be even bolder.

Clearing my throat, I take a deep breath before exiting the room soundlessly. Quickly passing my surroundings, I walk down the three long sets of stairs before I reach the first floor.

Surprisingly there is no one I bump into on my way to the front door. I guess they are busy or better, out of the house.

As I open the door, a cool breeze caresses my face, unnerving me a little. It's dark in front of me, so I can barely see the trees as I stand in front of the house. For a second I rethink my decision of running away, because this is completely new territory for me, is there even a chance for me to survive outside? But after a second I decide it's better to be alone, than be here- a place where no one thinks I need goddamn respect or answers, because I'm a "little human" or whatever.