Sleepover

chapter eleven: sleepover
Joni Morales

"I so need to start eating healthier," I bit into my burger. I broke my routine of not getting lunch today. The food they served always looked mushed and, well, like crap.

Dana rolled his eyes and Cat started to giggle. She kept giggling until Tyler showed up to the table. I watched Cat's face as Tyler placed a bouquet of roses in front of Cat.

She pulled out the notecard and read it aloud: I'll stay with you until the last rose dies.

The bouquet was filled with a dozen of dark red roses and one fluorescent red rose with neon green leaves. It was obvious that the 13th rose was a plastic one.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Tyler asked Cat and she nodded immediately. I think she was speechless; I would've been too. I cheered and Tyler blushed really hard. I smiled and turned to Cat.

"Be at my sleepover this weekend at seven." I told her. She gave me an 'okay' and then went off to tell a few other girls about my weekend plan.

Dana pointed toward the cafeteria doors. I saw Gabe walk and pushed a girl aside who decided to walk up to him. I was just about to laugh when Dana elbowed my ribs. Why does the cafeteria get all quiet when he walks in?

He shocked everybody, even us, when he at down at our table.

"Carry on!" He yelled, waving his hand in the air. The cafeteria became flooded with a thousand conversations and everyone took their eyes off us.

"You never sit with us." I told Gabe. He grabbed a carrot off of my tray and bit into it.

"I never fuck with Anna but I guess we're all full of surprises." My eyes grew large and Dana almost choked on his water.

"I didn't know my sister's social status was that high." I saw Catherine give Tyler a 'shut up' look.

"Oh, you're the douche from the other night." I watched as Cat elbowed Tyler to keep him from saying anything back to Gabe.

"Here she comes now." Cat smiled. Anna walked into the cafeteria and I waved her down. Her walk turned into a skip when she saw me. She quickly sat down next to Gabe.

"Hey, want to go out again on Saturday?" Gabe asked Anna.

"No, she's coming to my sleepover." I snapped.

"Will there be pizza?" Anna asked.

I answered yes the same time Gabe said no and that's how I swayed Anna to coming to my sleepover. She was laying on my bed, playing Flappy bird on her phone.

"What's the deal with you and my brother?" I asked her. She sat upright and sighed.

"I don't know, honestly. He never asked me to be his girlfriend." Anna said getting another slice of pizza.

"I think you two are dating." Cat joined in.

"My brother may not care abut a lot of things, but he sure cares about you." I said. Anna looked at me before getting up.

"I'm gonna go talk to him."

"Bring back popcorn!" Cat called after her.

Anna Curtis

"Hey Gabe," his door was slightly agape so I opened it and walked in. He was laying shirtless on his bed and I covered my eyes. "I'm sorry! Should I leave? What's happening! Gabe, I'm scared."

I hear him laugh and then I feel him grabbing my wrists and pulling them down from my face. This time, he had a shirt on and my face was warm.

"Not going to lie, but that was pretty cute. Anyway, what's up?" I stood there twiddling with the hem of my tee. He started to search through his jacket pockets and his desk drawers. Frankly, I was too distracted and forgot what I was going to ask.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm taking you to go visit my mom."

"What? Now?"

"Well, when else?" Gabe grabbed his leather jacket and started to put on his shoes.

"I'm not dressed. She may be dead, no offense, but I want to make a good impression." I said. Gabe chuckled and I was confused as to why. He opened his closet door and took out one of his school sweaters.

"Put this on, and grab your boots. You'll look fine." I slipped the sweater over my head and put my boots on. It was kind of big and oversized but it looked good with my tights. I put my hair in a tight ponytail and followed Gabe out the room.

-:-:-

His mother's tombstone was surrounded by fresh flowers that we just bought at a flower shop. There's a pair of ballet slippers and a photo sitting on top of the ground when we got here, I guess one of the twins put there.

"How long has it been, again?" I asked Gabe.

"About 8 years?" Gabe said. I looked over at him and he had his head low. "I know she would've loved you," he whispered. I smiled a bit.

"I'm nothing special." I admitted. Gabe grabbed my hand and squeezed it. He brought it up to his lips and kissed my thumb.

"You're extremely special, Anna." I squeezed his hand back. We both sat down in the grass beside his mothers resting place. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Gabe, I like you a lot."

"I like me a lot too." I rolled my eyes and he laughed. "Kidding, kidding. Anna, I want to hear your story."

"My story?"

"Tell me about yourself."

"Tell me about your bad boy personality." I said back to him. I didn't really want to let Gabe know all my family problems. He had enough of them himself.

"Well, you see. It's called the Jerk Theory."

p: 11.9.14 @ 21:18
e: 4.5.15 @ 22:16
editor: masked4

xoxo,
Aleks. G