Dates

chapter ten: dates
Anna Curtis

"You should have stayed with her!" Gabe has been yelling at Cole through the phone for almost five minutes while I've made myself comfortable in his hand chair. Gabe hung up on Cole without saying, 'bye'.

"My sisters are idiots," he said. He leaned on his forearms against the wall, resting his forehead on top. I couldn't help but stare at him. He was really attractive and protective over the people he loved. How was it even possible to have a crush on someone who formerly bullied you?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I almost forgot I was staring at him. I stammered to find any words to change the subject.

"What's up with you and Kacey?"

"I screwed her once and she's still trying to date me," he sounded disappointed and tired. I found it disturbing that Gabe would ever do something like that with a girl like Kacey. I mean, she's Kacey. She's awful.

I kept quiet because I didn't know what else to say.

"Do you wanna go out?" My eyes widened at the suddenness of his question.

"On a date?"

"No, to rob a bank." He slipped on his leather jackets and grabbed his keys. Gabe walked into Joni's room and told Dana to hit the highway while we went out. Dana waved when he passed me and went downstairs.

Gabe smiled and took my hand and led me out the door. I know he told me he had feelings for me, but I still don't feel comfortable around him.

Kandace Morales

No one accepts the fact that I'm dating Benjamin. Sure, he's done some questionable and regrettable things, but he's changed. He told me he changed. If I can't have Dana, I have to have somebody. Benjamin happened to be there to fill the void.

Dana came downstairs and we made eye contact, "Hey Kandace."

"You left me for my sister."

"I was never with you, Kandace. Move on already," he walked out the front door and then came Gabe and Anna. They walked down the stairs holding hands.

I scoffed.

Plot twist.

They followed after Dana and I was left alone in the living room. I sighed and sunk in the leather chair.

Then my phone got a flurry of text messages and phone calls. I ignored Cole's attempt to talk to me but my phone just kept going off.

I answered his call, "What."

"You're not supposed to talk to BIP, let alone date him. It's not Joni's fault that Dana likes her. So why are you acting like this?" Cole sternly spoke into the phone.

"Acting like what?"

"A bitch," the words slowly reached my ears, a syllable at a time. The call ended when my phone shattered after I threw it at a wall.

Anna Curtis

I felt uncomfortable as I sat in the passenger seat of Gabe's car. The only males I've been in a car with was my brother, my dad, and Grandpa Jim.

"Why are you so tense? I promise I won't murder you and leave you in a field." Gabe said looking over at me. I chuckled a bit.

"I know. I just - Can I change the station?" I asked stupidly trying to make any conversation.

"Why? You're not a fan of Taylor Swift?"

"God no!" I raised my tone, offended that he would think I was one of her fans. I looked over at him and he seemed genuinely hurt. I shook my head, a smile on my face. "I can't believe you listen to her."

"I always thought it'd be pretty cool if all her boyfriends came together and made a song about her. You know, turn the tables a bit." He had a smile creeping on his face.

"You are full of crazy ideas, Gabriel."

His smile changed into a sad one, "My mom used to call me Gabriel."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I instinctively place my hand over one of his and he didn't hesitate to grab it.

"It's fine. I just miss her, that's all." He was deep in thought, probably thinking about his mom. The rest of the ride was quiet; Gabe never was quiet.

We arrived at a clearing. He told me he wanted to bring me here ever since he found it one day while he was skipping school. The entire date was just us talking about each other and watching the sun set.

-:-:-

We we're both standing on my porch after out date. "Are you going to watch me pummel BIP tomorrow?" He tucked some strands of my hair behind my ear.

"With a name like BIP, he should've been pummeled already," we both laughed and it got quiet quick. I still had a smile on my face, staring at the rows of flowers near the steps.

Gabe reached over to cup my face and made me look up at him. I moved in closer to him and stoop on my tip toes. My eyes closed and I heard the sweet sound of my brother's voice.

"The kissing should happen in the car," he snorted. Gabe released me and I took a step away from him.

"Ah, he's your brother." Gabe said it like that one line gave him everything he needed to know about Tyler. "I got to go, see you around Anna." He gave me an awkward wave before rushing off.

"You ruin everything," I sneered at Tyler. I pushed past him.

"Whatever, but you're not the only who had a date that went terribly wrong," he said as I walked by.

"What happened during your date?" I asked him as I sat down on the couch. He sat on the armrest next to me.

Tyler Curtis

Catherine and I bought our snacks and walked into the theater, only to find it completely packed.

"You've got to be kidding," she looked and me and smiled, "I'll be back." Gosh, I love her accent.

She walked over to a group of men and started to talk to them. I watched her hand and arm gestures were just all over the place. One by one, all of them got up and walked out. Ten guys mumbled and huffed as they walked past me and out of the theater,

"What the hell did you do?" I said, laughing a bit. She shrugged and I gave her a quick hug before we sat down. The lights began to dim and the movie started up.

She went to take a sip from her drink and the cup ended up collapsing and spilt all over her. She stood up and so did I. We both stared at each other and back at them mess.

Catherine ran out of the theater and I followed after her. "Cat, wait," I grabbed her arm and we stood outside of the theater.

She tuned around and I saw she had already started to cry. "Everything is going to be alright." I pulled her in for a hug and she pushed me away.

"No it's not! Look at me!" She gestured at her soaking, Dr. Pepper stained white shirt.

"I'll make it up to you.We're pretty close to a mall. Here," I gave her my hoodie, "to cover the stain."

"Why are you doing this?" I watched as she pulled my jacket over her head, her hair clinging to her face. I pulled her in for a hug and kissed the top of her head.

"Because I like you."

p: 9.26.14 @ 00:25
e: 4.4.15 @ 18:25
editor: masked4

xoxo,
Aleks G.