1.4.19

Owen stared at Sean, trying to puzzle out solutions to the current issues plaguing Ashley Waters. He ran his hand over his head and drummed his fingers on the table. “I’m at a loss.” He admitted.

Sean tilted his head. “That’s rare for you.”

Owen shrugged. “But not impossible.”

Sean shifted back in his chair, leaning up to stare at the ceiling. “I have a solution.”

“Thank goodness.”

“It involves fire.”

“Absolutely not.”

“But Owen, you have to admit, a well-planned fire would …”

“Sean…” Owen chopped his hand in the air, cutting his best friend off. “We’re not setting fire to the school just to clear out the problems.”

“Well, of course we’re not.” Sean looked offended.

Owen’s eyes narrowed. “We’re… not?”

“No, we’re not…” Sean stared at him before laughing. “Wait, you thought I meant burning down the school?”

Owen scowled. “Clarify your solution.” He bit out.

“Morale.” Sean wheezed between laughs. “We can rally the kids to express what we need by having a bonfire before the Winter dance.”

“Oh.” Owen exhaled slowly before nodding. “I guess that would help.”

Sean couldn’t stop laughing. “Burn down the school…” He sputtered, earning him a dark look from his bestie before Owen stalked out of the office.